Put Together a hunt today

Nemont

Found a field that we had hunted before but it was loaded up again. Called around and got a total of 8 guys to get out and chase geese this morning. It was a great time with my Son, Good Friends and New Guys. Ended with an 8 man limit.

Getting all the guys in the pics proved impossible. We don't have a custom spread or great callers but we have been having fun killing geese.

IMG00013.jpg

Nemont

Wow, not many geese pass through your part of the state without some close calls. The weather here would have been excellent for such an endeavor today. Hope it was with you.

Congrats to all.

Wow, not many geese pass through your part of the state without some close calls. The weather here would have been excellent for such an endeavor today. Hope it was with you.

Congrats to all.

Big Fin,

It was a great day weather wise for chasing geese. We will try to hit again tomorrow and then will have to shut it down for the Christmas holiday.

I should be doing the same in the morning as long as the wife feels ok.

You guys really put a lot of space in the decoys, I like it.

Smalls,

When I scouted the field yesterday the birds were spread all over with lots of space in between birds so that is what we tried to mimic. Had geese land in the decoys many times. Best flock of the day was a flock of 8 the came in on a string, cupped up and feet down and not a single bird left the spread. Good luck in the morning.

My kid is getting to be a goose and duck hunting pro.

Nemont

Last edited:
Hey NeMont, I know you guys have been slaying the geese this year. Any bands thus far? Also, I heard they were selecting Wentlands replacement this week, but hadn't heard who was selected. I know a few guys on the list, but nothing more. Do you have the scoop?

Hey NeMont, I know you guys have been slaying the geese this year. Any bands thus far? Also, I heard they were selecting Wentlands replacement this week, but hadn't heard who was selected. I know a few guys on the list, but nothing more. Do you have the scoop?

No bands yet this year. I think I have been on hunts that have produced 161 geese so far this year and no bands:(

I haven't heard who they hired to replace Harold, I saw him yesterday and visited for a second but he didn't say anything.

Nemont

sorry, missed this post, excellent deal, hoping to do that the day after xmas.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back