Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Public Land Utah General Deer Hunt? Possible 9B/9D?

brandonapps

I guys the 2018 application season is here and I'm trying to expand my hunts this year and was looking at possibly the Utah general season deer since I live in CO. I was looking at the 9B/9D unit of south slope/vernal area. Has anyone hunted this unit? Not necessarily looking for giant deer but possibly decent mulies? Just looking for a fun DIY public land mule deer hunt would be fun so I thought of Utah. It looks like draw odds are down a bit this year but harvest rates are still pretty good. Any experience hunting this unit or other Utah recommendations? Noticed there a good amount of BLM and some National forest land in the northern part of the unit. Is this area any good?

With a success rate of 80%, it's good for success... Guess it all depends what you are going after. Doesn't seem like you will find any trophies there, but there definitely are a healthy number of deer in the zone, as well as the Yellowstone unit bordering to the west. Good luck!

Lots of land, have to drive plenty of dirt/gravel roads to get to it tho. Might not be a big deal but 40 miles of gravel sucks. For archery you will need to get up in elevation, come general/rifle season, the snow can start flying in the higher elevations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back