Pronghorn score wth a bonus

How long did it take to break her down? John

Funny you ask that.

I helped an older hunter Monday with a cow fairly close to where I shot this one. I ran into him and his wife about noon and he asked if I'd seen any elk. I told him I had and I that I knew where a herd of 100 or so was located. I watched a herd walk into a draw, and never come out, so I had a good idea they'd bedded in that draw. I hiked in above where I thought they were and sure enough. I ran back to the truck and got the old boy and hiked him up to where they were. It worked great, got into about 100 yards and he shot a cow with his ruger #1.

His wife told me I had the 4 quarters off, backstraps, neck meat, and tenderloins out and in game bags...in 21 minutes. I packed half at a time to their truck and loaded it for them. They were on their way home in about an hour and 15 minutes from the time he pulled the trigger.

Its great to see guys like that still getting out there.

Funny you ask that.

I helped an older hunter Monday with a cow fairly close to where I shot this one. I ran into him and his wife about noon and he asked if I'd seen any elk. I told him I had and I that I knew where a herd of 100 or so was located. I watched a herd walk into a draw, and never come out, so I had a good idea they'd bedded in that draw. I hiked in above where I thought they were and sure enough. I ran back to the truck and got the old boy and hiked him up to where they were. It worked great, got into about 100 yards and he shot a cow with his ruger #1.

His wife told me I had the 4 quarters off, backstraps, neck meat, and tenderloins out and in game bags...in 21 minutes. I packed half at a time to their truck and loaded it for them. They were on their way home in about an hour and 15 minutes from the time he pulled the trigger.

Its great to see guys like that still getting out there.

...best part of the story..good on you Buzz.

...best part of the story..good on you Buzz.
Don't agg him on. I like his posts better when he's grouchy. :D

He is a good dude and I owe him more than I'll probably ever be able to repay. IIRC, I have a similar type of debt with you...

Very Nice, Buzz. Ever have a day or trip you come home empty handed? Bet its been awhile

Sweet story, awsome to help out fellow hunters. I would find it extremely cool to live in a place where I could get my antelope scored and then casualy stop by my favorite HMA on the way home and shoot an elk. Way to go buzz

Good grief Buzz, take a minute and enjoy it next time! It takes me an hour just to stop shaking and start digging out the camera.

Way to put a bow on the end of the season.

Did I miss pictures from Montana this year?

Good grief Buzz, take a minute and enjoy it next time! It takes me an hour just to stop shaking and start digging out the camera.

Way to put a bow on the end of the season.

Did I miss pictures from Montana this year?

I only hunted 3 days in Montana, had other stuff going on.

Still some more hunting to do yet this year in WY and AZ though.

Way to go Buzz, that will be some fine table fare! I hope to duplicate your cow elk success here in OR next weekend.

Back