Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Pronghorn 2013

BuzzH

With the Government shut down, its been grim news for the Wyoming pronghorns the last 10 days.

My buddy from AK drew this year and we hunted for 4 days. The goal was to get him 2 solid bucks and I'd try for one if we had time. Worked out pretty well, all shot with my 7-08 and 140 accubonds...101, 191, and 205 yards.

Buck number one for my buddy:

IMG_1099.JPG

Next day, buck number 2:

IMG_1106.JPG

My buck on my leftover/additional buck tag:

IMG_1109.JPG

Had just enough time to get my gear sorted and my buddies from Arizona showed up.

I had an area in mind that probably hadnt been hunted all season, so I took my friend Ron there the first day. We spotted a nice herd with a great buck in it. The buck wouldnt ever give us a shot so Ron made a nice shot at 164 yards with his 257 wby on this doe:

IMG_1137.JPG

The herd ran just a few hundred yards and settled back down, began feeding and eventually walked back to about 300 yards of where we shot the doe. They soon bedded and we stalked them again. Ron made another one shot kill with his 257 wby on the buck. His 2 animals were laying exacty 349 yards apart:

IMG_1134.JPG

The next morning my friend Monty and I decided to try another area I thought would produce. Sure enough, right off the bat, we spot a nice buck with a bunch of does. Monty made a 150 yard shot on this guy, also with a 257 wby:

IMG_1142.JPG

Finished off the day with another good buck shot by Monty's friend Scott. I ranged the buck at 397 yards and Scott made a perfect heart shot, also with a 257 wby.

IMG_1148.JPG

Finally, a preview of the buck my wife, Pat, shot yesterday on a second choice tag, 50 yards shot with a 7-08...will post more pics of it soon:

IMAG0181.jpg

Kind of surprised at Pat's buck.

Usually people hold out for a buck with good mass and some decent prongs on it... ;)

Some great bucks there, especially considering that it sounds like most of them were shot on second choice and leftover tags!

I am sure the elk and deer of Wyoming are seeing this mayhem extended to the pronghorn community and they have contacted Congress to get the Government back in session. Congrats on some cool bucks. Pat's looks like a smoker.

Hey, from the looks of those critters I wanna be one of Buzz's buddies, too!

We've never met but for several years I've had a photo of Buzz and Oak together posted on the wall of my hunting trailer as inspiration.

Some superb animals pictured here!

The antelope are writing letters to congress to get their act together.

Congrats on some very nice animals.

We've never met but for several years I've had a photo of Buzz and Oak together posted on the wall of my hunting trailer as inspiration.
!

What happens in the trailer, stays in the trailer.

Nice whack and stack Buzz.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back