PEAX Equipment

Poachers

tjones

And here we thought wolves were the problem.

Three elk were illegally shot and killed north of Whitehall last week and Montana Fish, Wildlife and Game authorities are seeking information to help catch these poachers.

The elk – a cow, a spike bull and a bull calf – were found late last week in the Hay Canyon area Ratio Mountain north of Whitehall, according to Game Warden Justin Gibson. He reports that the animals were shot and left to rot, and no attempt was made to retrieve the carcasses.

The bodies were found close to one another about 50 yards from a road. Investigators don’t believe these are cases of hunters shooting and losing track of a wounded animal.

"This is just another senseless slaughter of our wildlife. I now know of at least ten elk that have been killed and purposely left to waste this year in my district alone,” Gibson said in a news release issued Friday morning. “Any outdoor enthusiast should be outraged hearing of cases like this.”

In another poaching incident reported in the Montana Standard earlier this week, investigators found a dead bull elk on the morning of Oct. 31 in the area of Olson Gulch near the Lowland Campground in Jefferson County, about 15 miles north of Butte. The animal had been shot and left to rot. Only the elk’s antlers were cut off separately just below the buttons near the animal’s skull.

Anyone with information pertaining to this case, or other cases in which fish and wildlife resources are being stolen from Montanans, is urged to call (800) TIP-MONT (or (800) 847-6668), and may be eligible for a reward. Individuals may also contact Warden Gibson at (406) 439-4017.

I don't understand how someone can be so calus as to shoot and leave to rot an animal such as elk. I don't understand how the person can live with them selves in the following days and weeks. I know I had a cow elk get away one time that I thought I made a good shot on and it really bothered me. I can't image purposly shooting a big game animal that I know I am not going to use. It's just disgusting.

Idaho elk poached

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Magic Valley NEWS RELEASE
Jerome, ID
Date:November 14, 2012

[email protected]
(208) 324-4359

elk poached near morrow reservoir

Idaho Fish and Game officers are seeking information on a spike bull elk that was poached the first week of November near Bennett Road north of Morrow Reservoir.

The bull elk was shot with the .22-caliber rifle. The front shoulders and hind quarters were taken, the rest being left to waste. People with information are encouraged to call the Jerome regional Fish and Game office, at 208-324-4359.

Citizens Against Poaching is offering a reward for information in the case and callers may remain anonymous. Contact C.A.P., 24 hours a day, at 1-800-632-5999.

Some idiot just killed a cow moose and the two calves here in Colorado. And left to rot. A lot of losers running about, unfortunately.

it would be time to send them out back to the wood shed,and give them splinters that will not be able to be removed.:hump:

Coeur D' Alene poachers

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Panhandle NEWS RELEASE
Coeur D' Alene, ID
Date:December 3, 2012

[email protected]
(208) 769-1414

f&g seeking information on tensed area poaching incident

Idaho Fish and Game is seeking information from anyone who may help lead them to the two people responsible for killing one mule deer buck and one mule deer doe during the closed season.

The incident occurred on the afternoon of Saturday, November 24, east of Tensed on timber company property off the end of Fox Road.

While a group of hunters in the area watched a herd of mule deer, they witnessed two males dressed in camouflage shoot and kill two of the deer. The two subjects appeared to be in their mid-20s.

The general season for mule deer bucks closed in the area on November 9. While there is a limited controlled hunt with only 60 tags for mule deer bucks in the entire Panhandle open through December 1, there is no harvest of antlerless mule deer allowed in the region.

Most of the meat and the antlers were taken from the mule deer buck. The meat was taken from the mule deer doe. The bones and hides were left at the kill site. The mule deer buck was a mature adult that likely had medium to large antlers.

Anyone with information regarding the illegal taking of these deer is asked to call the Citizen's Against Poaching hotline at 1-800-632-5999, or the Panhandle Region Fish and Game office at 208-769-1414.

Callers may remain anonymous, and monetary rewards are available for those providing information that leads to the apprehension of the violators

Morons are all over the country.

PAYSON, Ariz. — The Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Arizona Elk Society are seeking the public’s help in finding the person(s) responsible for the illegal shooting of four elk in the Payson area in Game Management Unit 22.

Game and Fish officers investigating the case said that two young bull elk and one cow elk, all illegally shot and left to waste, were found in close proximity to each other in the Chaparral Pines community and were most likely poached between the evening of Oct. 24 and Oct. 25.

A fourth elk, also illegally shot, was found Oct. 31 in the same general area. Investigators believe it was poached on Oct. 27 or 28.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Operation Game Thief Program is offering up to a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case. An additional reward of up to $5,000 is being offered by the Arizona Elk Society for information leading to a conviction in the case.

The wasteful poaching of this many elk is a travesty to those of us that work hard to improve the health and habitat of elk in Arizona,” said Steve Clark, president of the Arizona Elk Society.

Anyone with information regarding this case can call the Operation Game Thief Hotline toll free at (800) 352-0700 or use the online form at www.azgfd.gov/thief, and please reference OGT #12-002661. All calls will remain confidential upon request.

“Poaching of wildlife is stealing from you,” said Game and Fish Wildlife Manager Jarrod McFarlin. “Protect your wildlife by reporting poaching incidents.”

Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks game wardens are looking for tips on a deer poaching that occurred in Missoula this week.

FWP game warden Kyle Miller reported that a mule deer doe was killed with a bow and arrow between the 800 and 900 blocks of Woodford Avenue between late evening Sunday and early morning Monday. The deer was abandoned on site.

Wardens are analyzing evidence collected at the scene and asking anyone with information on this incident to call 1-800-847-6668 or Miller at 240-3140.

Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 for providing information that leads to a conviction.

The investigation continues in a poaching case in which four cow elk were illegally killed on the last day of the 2012 hunting season.

The elk were shot on public land in the South Fork of Lolo Creek on the evening of Nov. 25. Someone also took the meat from the killed animals.

Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks game wardens are investigating the case, but have not arrested anyone or charged anyone as of Monday, according to spokeswoman Vivica Crowser

Poachers take a big toll

Poachers take a big toll

So far in 2012, wildlife officers have investigated the illegal killing of 107 mule deer in Utah.

Most of the deer were bucks. The antlers on 10 of the bucks were big enough to place the deer in a trophy category. "Hunters would have been thrilled to have taken any of these bucks," Fowlks says.

The monetary value of the animals to Utah's citizens is $120,000.

The saddest part of the video is near the end where it looks like there are a couple kids in the pickup with the guys that were "hunting". Hopefully the experience will teach them not to follow dad's footsteps.

Maybe the law has changed, but when Oregon first went to using decoys the illegal hunting violations were thrown out of court because its not illegal to shoot at a fake deer or elk. The only violation that would stick was "shooting from a public road." Anyone who stepped off the road to take a shot was within his rights to shoot a decoy.

what a piece of work,the guy in the orange cap should have to give up his rifle,just because he is stupid.
what a meathead.:p

Some of the instances may be kids out looking for fun and making bad choices. Just saying. A frank discussion with our kids would be good. I know I get real tired driving out past town to see the junk left behind by target shooters...mostly kids. It starts there and leads to bigger things.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back