Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Planning a Hunt

mdcrossbow

I am planning a Hunt in SD on the Sioux Reservation near Black Hill. I think there will be 4-6 guys in my party.

Can anyone give me a little info about the area , places to stay? Grosvenor and my self are really looking forward to this hunt.

I've only hunted public access in SD, so I'm not much help on the tribal lands.

Tons of birds in the Black Hills and anwhere else in the state there's a tree to roost in.

Fly into Rapid City rent a car drive to Spearfish get a room take the rental car (because the most of the roads are good enough for a car) your calls and shotgun go up into National Forest and shoot your Turkey! Go back to town and party!hump There planned your trip, no charge!

LOL Cargo. Thanks
Thanks for the car tip.

I really looking forward to the hunt. Prices are great. we will be staying in Kyle for a week. Near Kyle anyway. At Logoas Ranch. I think that is the right spelling.

I really looking forward to the hunt. Prices are great. we will be staying in Hyle for a week.
Hyle or Kyle? Never heard of anyone excited to stay in Kyle.:D

Going NE of Rapid ...toward Sulphur Wells to try one on the Plains this time...mid-May.
Good luck!
Never heard of Sulpher Wells, are you sure on the name?

Anyway, good luck to both of you.

I was going to hunt turkeys near Sturgis this year, but I am just about to send out a deposit check on a hunt for '09 and will be in penny saving mode for a while.:D

Looks like a nice place, have fun. If you are into pdogs shooting, lots around there. Badlands National Park is just north of you, I used to work there and suggest you check it out if you have some extra time.

mtmiller, I will be there 4 days. The price of the hunt is the cost of the reservation fee $15. and the guide (tip) $110 1st bird and $100 2nd bird but lodging, exc... I am hopeing to check out Mt. Rushmore while I am there.

Last year I did get a Rio in Ok so hopefully I will get a Mariam or 2.

I have plans to hunt upper state NY and my friend farm in Va. I saw 6 mature Tom there 2 weeks ago scouting. My friend in Va is in Tenn. right now and is looking into us hunting the area he is Hunting dogs for a Fox hunting Org.

So this should be a very busy season for me. I hope I have the work to maintain this seasons hunts LOL

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back