PEAX Equipment

Pigeons Southern California

Will0603

Hey All,
New to the forum, looking for some help on where to buy some pigeons to train my dog.
I’m in Orange County any recommendations?
Thanks

They used to sell them at Prado dog training facility, but they recently had that quarantine/ban on birds.

If that is lifted you should be able to buy birds and train in the same location.

Don’t think they are selling or allowing live birds on the property cause of the virus.
If I understood my phone call with them correctly it will be a minimum 90days before they could potentially sell them again

Have you looked into trapping them yourself? Used to be legal in CA (10+ years ago), but I haven't checked the regs for awhile.

I have and even gave it a little effort. Honestly don’t have the time to catch them and keep them. Would rather just pay a for them

How about at a flea market or livestock auction? Just Googled Flea markets in so cal and the one in Ontario, CA has live domestic birds available. Don't know anything about that local, but it is a starting place. May be others closer to your location. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
So, what are you training will? I am about to get another drahthaar......going to be a great summer/fall this year for a pup....

I got a year and a half GSP. He did good this last season but want to continue to get birds in front of him

Back