Perpetuate the Sport

Tepcro

This year I got to help my grandson (and his dad) learn to hunt "big game".

My grandson Matt was fortunate enough to draw an early bull rifle hunt in AZ!!??
After much preparation hunt day came and the big 8X8 400+ bull that I had scouted was gone from the face of the earth (got stuck the last day of archery season).
So much for PLAN A:

PLAN B: Hunted out and found this really nice 6X6 bull that I estemated to be a 350 bull (turns out more like 345)
We patterned the bull and when the time was right Matt (12 years old) made the shot just like he had been taught on the 3rd day of the hunt!
Bull went down hard with just 1 well placed shot! from a little more than 100 yds.
(Love those Berger Bullets):)

Matt had the hunt of a lifetime..... so did I!
The big thing here is that I knew Matt had to get this bull because if he struck out on this hunt..... who knows if he'd ever try again!?

Matt is now hooked!!
Another hunter won, to perpetuate the sport yet another generation!!!

Me.... I'm just an old braggart!!

Attachments

• 2011-09-25_17-55-08_390.jpg
    2011-09-25_17-55-08_390.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Matt and his elk with rifle.jpg
    Matt and his elk with rifle.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 175
That's setting the bar really up there for a first timer. A great family memory I'm sure. Well done!

I've been debating about quitting hunting, but maybe if you took me elk hunting I would change my mind. ;)

Great bull whether you are 12 or 112. Congrats to the young hunter.

Way to go, Matt (the ol' 760 Gamemaster strikes again)!!! Beautiful bull --- dang, set the bar pretty high for future hunts ...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back