Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

pellet stoves

St52v

My father in law in thinking about buying a pellet stove. If anyone has any info on what to avoid or look for it would be appreciated. Thanks Robin

I would caution him to purchase one that parts (auger, fan, burn pots and control board) are readily available for. Dad bought an *off brand* one when he was alive and we always had one H of a time sourcing parts for it. Also go with a good pellet. Some of the cheaper ones leave you with clinkers in the burn pot.

Sorry! He wants to put it in his basement.

I have a Harman P43 Pellet stove in my basement and have been very happy with it. I have a 2,900 square foot house and it is capable of heating the entire house even in the dead of winter when it is below zero. However the particular model I have is better suited for zone heating. I have had for three years without any issues.

Quadrafire burns Pellets, corn, wheat, auto cleaning, auto starting digital thermostat, can get one that looks just like a corner fireplace.

+1 for the Quadrafire. I had a Quadrafire insert installed in my downstairs 2 years ago. Runs like a champ on everything, and fires up very quickly. It will not heat my entire house, but that is mainly because of my floor plan, and the stairs are on the opposite end of the house from the stove. I have an older Harmon upstairs that constantly has igniter issues, and seems to be more finicky overall.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back