Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Paying It Forward

Nice job Fattrack and Critter! If either of you happen to find yourself in central Wyoming this week I have been watching a real amateur fumble around in the elk woods who could probably use some assistance;) He might be me.:D

Fantastic gesture.

In this day where many are consumed with ego's, inches and being 'famous' i believe guys like you really are quite rare nowadays.

Its interesting when you are young you just want to shoot the crap out of everything and climb the biggest mountain and shoot the biggest trophy on it, but as you get older the priorities shift and so does your thought processes on what really is important in the bigger picture and what you achieve from each day on the hill.

If you are ever over way in the South Pacific give me or Huntfit a pm, guys like you are who we share hunting camps with.

Let us know the end result of opening weekend please.

Well, just an update on the weekend's events. Although there were a few interested parties, it just didn't pan out for any of them to go on the hunt. So....I ended up hiking in on Friday for a solo weekend hunt. Opening mornign I was in the zone ready to go. There was a lot of sign, but unfortunately it was a couple days old. The short story is...the elk moved out, I found them two drainages over and not enough time to chase them. I guess that's how elk hunting goes though...probably good that I didn't drag someone along on this one!

Very kind offer there mate, as HGWT said, pretty rare thing these days, only way to roll though imo.

Best of luck with the season, hope you catch up with a monster yourself.

Always heaps of fun being part of the adventure.

Elk or not, that would have been a fun hunt for someone anyway. I have had a blast over the years taking others elk (or deer) hunting. I have actually had more consistent luck being a guide than when I was by myself! I have gotten to the point that I don't have to be the one that pulls the trigger. If I take someone else, it is just as satisfying to see them be successful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back