Pakashkan Lake Ontario Canada

MNHunter

Spent last week fishing with my Grandfather and Uncle at the lake in Canada my Grandfather has been fishing every year since 1956. I've been up there 15 times myself and have a lot of great memories. Grandpa is gettin up there in years and this last trip was hard on him... it might have been his last. If it was, I've got a couple more photos memories.

Normally we catch at east one large (40+ inches) Pike but this trip the biggest were in the 32-34 range. We caught A LOT of Pike and even the little ones are fun to catch.

The picture of Grandpa and I is in front of what remains of an old trappers cabin. The family that used it became friends with my Grandfather and he spent many nights in their company in the 50's and 60's. The trip by boat from the lodge to the site of the cabin is an all day affair but Grandpa wanted to get up there one more time.

We ate fresh walleyes and northerns every night for supper and yet managed to bring our limit of each home at the end of the week. Someday when my boys are older I hope to take them to the lake my Grandpa intruduced me to.

Attachments

• DSC02901comp.jpg
    DSC02901comp.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,838
  • DSC02926comp.jpg
    DSC02926comp.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,511
  • DSC02919comp.jpg
    DSC02919comp.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,436
Dang that looks like fun! Great pic of you and your grandfather in front of the cabin. I hope you guys can make it up there again next year.

Had to bring up this thread. My Grandfather in the first and second pictures passed away on July 21st. I sure am going to miss him but will always cheish the memories of him, especially those from Lake Pakashkan.

Sorry to hear that Lee. Hope times like those in the photos bring warm memories and make it easier to get through the difficult days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back