MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Oregon Coast Fall Chinook

Joe Hulburt

After 14 straight day of elk hunting I had to take the afternoon off and sit in the boat for a while. Couldn't have hit the bite any better. 9 hits, 6 hooked and 4 landed. Should have been 6 landed but that's fishing. :D
IMG_6178.jpg

Of course the big one got away! I tried to horse him to the net after a long battle and pulled the hooks. :eek:

Congrats! Salmon, it's what's for dinner. Now, good luck on finding that elk ................... just imagine one of those filets combined with fresh backstrap.:D

Congrats! I'm going to be up there this weekend either in Nehalem or Tillamook. Can't wait!

Nice haul of salmon! You are blessed to live where you can hunt elk and catch salmon like those.

Plus it appears you have the wood to fire up and cook some salmon.

Thanks for the comments.

Nice haul of salmon! You are blessed to live where you can hunt elk and catch salmon like those.

Plus it appears you have the wood to fire up and cook some salmon.

I agree. I should have included a pic of the bucket of Dungeness Crab we caught while fishing. :) Always something to chase here on the coast....

It's not without a trade off of course.......I have always dreamed of living somewhere in the Rocky Mnts but can't bring myself to leave the ocean.

That is a German wood pile called a Holzhaufen........ Something I stumbled onto on the internet to make stacking wood more time consuming. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back