One Year From Today

B

big28hunter

Exactly one year from today I will be hunting for dall sheep with Max Schwab's Outfit out of Healy Alaska. This has been a dream of mine that through hard work, discipline, and sacrafice will become a reality. I don't want to fastforward life because I saw raising my 3 girls as a blurr on my life's timeline. :( However, I am so looking forward to this adventure and the possibility of taking the first of the sheep species in my quest for the North American Super Slam. Pictures of successful hunters on this site only fuel me more to prepare for this trip. I thank the LORD above for my family, friends, and drive to live life to the fullest. Any sheep hunters with advise I'm all ears! GOD bless and good huntin'

I share a similar dream. I am going about it a little differently but I expect the same result just 365 days later. I might suggest that you get an idea of what a respectable animal is for the area you are in and hope for the best. Best of luck to you on your quest!

You are in for an incredible adventure!! I hunted with Max 3 years ago and then 2 of my buddies went up the following year. I know all about the sacrifice and all I can say is it is worth it.

Great guides and you will have a heck of a great time! My guide has become a good friend and has even come down with his girlfriend and stayed with us in Oregon.

My advice would be to get into the best shape of your life and then keep going. That's some steep country. Take tons of pictures and keep a journal of daily events. If you want to pm me your email, I can send you my gear list.

Man I am super excited for you! I know just how you feel.

Best of luck to you also the nikster. ashersdad, I look at your pics on his site often. Surely they motivate me. Awfully nice of you to invite your guide down. Tells a lot about you. The networking and friends we make on our adventures surely is icing on the cake. My guide last year in BC was from New Zealand and invited me to New Zealand to hunt. I will take him up on it. I didn't get my goat with him but he gave me 100% every day and I too made a great friend. That's all any hunter could ask for. [email protected] I'd appreciate your packlist! GOD bless and good huntin'

Jealous here! Good luck! It's a dream of mine as well, but at this point in my life I'm afraid it may just be a dream and never be reality. Hope to live vicariously through you in one year.

Thanks! I certainly wish everyone had an opportunity to do this. I count my blessings every day. Learned today that the guide that my friend shot his dall with last year guided another hunter to a big dall on the same mountain he killed his. I'll be praying for lucky number three with him!

Dall hunt

Good luck and have a great trip.

I hunted with Max in 07 for sheep. Curtis was my guide, but they are all good.
Shot a great ram opening day. It was, and most likely will always be the trip of my
life.

Look forward to your post!

Bryan

Awesome ram! Congrats! Looking so forward to the trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back