Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

one hundred and what? KS Pike

Southwind

It sounds like an odd combination but we doo have a few lakes with northern pike. We have now had 36 days over 100 degrees and I'm getting sick of not doing anything because it's too hot. So, we loaded up at the break of dawn while it was only 90 degrees and headed for a pike spot where the are some nice cool springs. Those pike like the springs. Anyway, we had a great morning with one 35" and several 31"ers. When we had both landed 4 each we decided to head back for the cave.
piketrip012-1.jpg

piketrip006.jpg

piketrip015.jpg

Looks like a fun way to beat the heat. We are just south of you and forcast for between a110 and 115 all week.

Last edited:
Wyo556, same here and fall can't get here soon enough. They thought we might hit as high as 116 today. I'm afraid to check.

Do you want the heat to "stop?" Well sorry, I'm sure this won't help much, but if you stand in front of your open fridge and stare at it maybe it'll help a little (until your wife yells at you for leaving the fridge open). Every winter we get socked in with fog, this was after a week of never seeing the sun and the frost was built up on everything. Great looking fish by the way. Stay cool, as possible.:(

Attachments

• Stop.jpg
    Stop.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 256
We went up to frontier days last weekend in Cheyenne and on the way up stopped at pikes peak. We were all in shorts and by the time we got up on top we were actually cold. It felt so good.

I'll have to try the standing on front of the fridge idea.

Back