MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

*&%^$ on the OC

Big O

Flipped over to the OC last night from a re-run of two and half men. First thing I see is a very nice Muley buck running across the grass hill. Next thing you see is the hunter and his "trophy wife" are getting out of the pickup, the one with the 4-wheeler in the back. They need more practice getting out of the truck because they weren't quick enough for a shot. (the wife is the shooter) Husband says "we can catch him on the next ridge or two over if we hurry" Back in the truck they go- with an outfitter driving, no roads just over the grass. They get on this buck and she shoots it 366 yd walking away, had to have hit him between the shoulder blades at best. They pulled the truck up to the buck, no gut job or tag and off they go.

I cannot believe they show this crap on the OC, well actually I can. Just irritates the &%^$ out of me. The show is Wild & Raw. Same show I saw quite a while ago when the one guy shot a nice bull elk on a private Texas ranch for his first elk. 30-40 yards standing right off the dirt road, boy was he happy.

Just venting.

I was flipping channels and playing ball with my 22 month old son last night and stopped for a second on OC. The show was Magnum Hunt Club or something like that, anyways I wasn't paying full attention but I swear a small helicopter landed and a guy got out and walked a few feet and shot some kind of sheep?? Maybe it was the way it was edited or something but I swear it looked like he may as well shot the animal from the helicopter, why even bother landing.

I was flipping channels and playing ball with my 22 month old son last night and stopped for a second on OC. The show was Magnum Hunt Club or something like that, anyways I wasn't paying full attention but I swear a small helicopter landed and a guy got out and walked a few feet and shot some kind of sheep?? Maybe it was the way it was edited or something but I swear it looked like he may as well shot the animal from the helicopter, why even bother landing.

I saw this show too. They were shooting tahr and chamois. It actually looked like the helicopter herded one to them for a shot. :mad:

I cannot believe they show this crap on the OC, well actually I can. Just irritates the &%^$ out of me. The show is Wild & Raw. Same show I saw quite a while ago when the one guy shot a nice bull elk on a private Texas ranch for his first elk. 30-40 yards standing right off the dirt road, boy was he happy.

Just venting.

I don't agree with chasing game in a pick up but.....
If it was Marcus Lutrell and he is still the co-host of the show then that gentleman can hunt however he pleases as far as I am concerned. I know he was the co-host on season one but I am not sure about season 2. He has been trying to get back on track with his life the best he can. If you don't know who he is google his name or the book Lone Survivor.

My favorite episode of that show involved them on an elk hunt in central idaho where they "passed" on a really big mule deer buck. Are you sure you passed or did you not have a deer tag?;)

I guess you have to have lots of $$$ to enjoy a hunt, what they deem as a hunt, of this nature. I dumped the OC last week. Too many canned hunts. Must be why I enjoy OYOA so much. MTG

I saw the same show. Did you notice that they showed the muley facing away, however, when she took the shot they showed her shooting and the deer just dropping afterwards. My belief is that they did not want to show the true angle that the deer was shot at (marginal shot at best if not no shot at all). I was waiting for them to show the impact point and say "nice shot", however, that did not happen. (wonder why).

good luck to all
the dog

I saw it to. Show was filmed on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in our great state of South Dakota. Not at all impressed with the show, but if you are familliar with the area you know there are no roads!

If it was Marcus Lutrell and he is still the co-host of the show then that gentleman can hunt however he pleases as far as I am concerned.

....yes sir.

The show on OC that has taken the cake for me so far is some "professional hunters league". I don't even know the name, but they had some guys in a competition shooting whitetail. Although they didn't actually shoot the deer, they had some scope/camera mounted and it would judge their shot. After so many gut shots I had to flip the switch.

Yeah and on the follow up he basically gets a nice whitetail road hunting too. Just makes a real hunter want to puke some of the crap they show on there. OYOA is awesome. I wish it would inspire more shows along the same ideas.

didn't catch show but LONE SURVIVOR!

i will agree with you.... IF the show still have marcus lutrell on it.. then my critique of the standards are a bit less critical. ... if you guys haven't read Lone Survivor, i strongly recommend it. i don't read a ton of books throughout the year, but this is one i simply couldn't put down.

I saw part of that show ChrisHad to turn it off.I listened to them say how tough the hunt was, and the shape they had to be in,something like that,then up they go in a helicopter.Jump out shoot or wait for the helicopter to run them past the hunters.I couldn't take it so I turned it off
I could see being flown in an dropped off, but not the way they hunted;terrible.Very few shows I'll even watch anymore.I'd rather see someone shoot something small on their own/public, then a monster killed in a fence.To use a helicopter was unbelievable though

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back