Ohioan looking for WY Pronghorn partner

Gotcha...I get the 2 with my buck application
Do you still get 2 doe if you don't draw? If so that would be the ticket for me because I don't plan on drawing a decent unit this year, just hunting does. That is why I was going to do left overs.

There's been years where I'll put in for a buck in one unit and use my 2 doe tags I can apply for in a different unit. Last time I drew my buck, but not my does in a different unit. But, I believe you can apply for just the 2 doe tags in the draw without using points. I may be wrong, though :D It seems like everytime I think I have it figured out and go to help someone I mess it up....lol

Last edited:
Do you still get 2 doe if you don't draw? If so that would be the ticket for me because I don't plan on drawing a decent unit this year, just hunting does. That is why I was going to do left overs.

You can either apply and draw one or two doe tags or you can buy also buy tags as leftovers. You can get a total of four doe tags and it doesn't matter whether you get two in the draw and then buy the other two as leftovers or get them in any other combination (one in the draw and three as leftovers or all four as leftovers). You are also allowed to get one buck tag in the draw and another as a leftover or two as leftovers. Therefore, just talking antelope alone a person can get a total of six antelope tags a year the way it's set up right now in Wyoming.

Last edited:
So you can apply for two doe tags?? Same unit?? I'm assuming you can get two in the same unit if it's a left over unit. That's pretty sweet a guy could use those tags to explore some different units

So you can apply for two doe tags?? Same unit?? I'm assuming you can get two in the same unit if it's a left over unit. That's pretty sweet a guy could use those tags to explore some different units

That's what I do. I get doe and cow tags to learn different areas without wasting points

Thanks Topgun! I didn't realize they had buck leftovers. Are those typically in hard to access units?
Doing a lot of satellite scouting but the roads thru private land have me nervous. I need to call the wardens and biologist to get some advice on that with particular units.
You can either apply and draw one or two doe tags or you can buy also buy tags as leftovers. You can get a total of four doe tags and it doesn't matter whether you get two in the draw and then buy the other two as leftovers or get them in any other combination (one in the draw and three as leftovers or all four as leftovers). You are also allowed to get one buck tag in the draw and another as a leftover or two as leftovers. Therefore, just talking antelope alone a person can get a total of six antelope tags a year the way it's set up right now in Wyoming.

Yes, you can apply for up to 2 doe tags in the same unit. If you get drawn, you get 2 doe tags. Then after the initial draw you could purchase 2 more doe tags. In a single year, you cant have more than 4 doe permits.

As far as waiting for leftovers tags, if you know where you want to hunt, I would apply. The antlerless permits seem to get more popular every year.

I would expect modest increases in tag numbers in some parts of the State.

Thanks Topgun! I didn't realize they had buck leftovers. Are those typically in hard to access units?
Doing a lot of satellite scouting but the roads thru private land have me nervous. I need to call the wardens and biologist to get some advice on that with particular units.

Yes, leftovers are normally in the units with primarily private land with minimal accessible public land, but they are there if you have plenty of time to do your homework. The road issue is one that many NRs mess up on because a road showing on a map doesn't mean that it's a legal public road to access land you have found on that map. Use of a GPS with a landowner chip doesn't help in that respect either, so you really need to look into whatever county you're going to hunt to make sure the roads you think you'll need to use are publicly maintained roads that are accessible to everyone.

Yes, you can apply for up to 2 doe tags in the same unit. If you get drawn, you get 2 doe tags. Then after the initial draw you could purchase 2 more doe tags. In a single year, you cant have more than 4 doe permits.

As far as waiting for leftovers tags, if you know where you want to hunt, I would apply. The antlerless permits seem to get more popular every year.

Aye Yai Yai! So are the doe drawings separate / different then the buck drawing? (I know leftovers are a separate issue) Are the odds the same? Do you just specify buck or doe when you apply? Who would apply for a doe tag then if the odd were the same?

Aye Yai Yai! So are the doe drawings separate / different then the buck drawing? (I know leftovers are a separate issue) Are the odds the same? Do you just specify buck or doe when you apply? Who would apply for a doe tag then if the odd were the same?

You really need to go into the G&F website and spend a little time reading up on things, as the application booklet you can pull up on your screen does a very good job of explaining things. The doe drawings are completely separate from the buck drawing and does are strictly random without the use of preference points. No, the odds are different in each unit and it's simple to go into the G&F website and look at the draw odds section to see the answers to what you're asking. You apply for either a doe or a buck tag and specify what you are applying for by doing an online application after you set up your personal account. It can all be done in one session when you're online or individually at different times as long as they are completed before the application deadline (May 31 for deer and antelope).

Last edited:

So you can get two doe tags for a unit you apply as first choice but Can you apply for two doe tags first choice in different units?? Let's say can I apply for one doe tag in unit 80 and one unit 81 and have them both be first choice? It be cool to get two doe tags for neighboring units.

So you can get two doe tags for a unit you apply as first choice but Can you apply for two doe tags first choice in different units?? Let's say can I apply for one doe tag in unit 80 and one unit 81 and have them both be first choice? It be cool to get two doe tags for neighboring units.

Yes, you can do that.

You really need to go into the G&F website and spend a little time reading up on things, as the application booklet you can pull up on your screen does a very good job of explaining things. The doe drawings are completely separate from the buck drawing and does are strictly random without the use of preference points. No, the odds are different in each unit and it's simple to go into the G&F website and look at the draw odds section to see the answers to what you're asking. You apply for either a doe or a buck tag and specify what you are applying for by doing an online application after you set up your personal account. It can all be done in one session when you're online or individually at different times as long as they are completed before the application deadline (May 31 for deer and antelope).

Thanks TopGun. I have been researching it. Initially I was just looking at buck tags. Then I switched to just leftover tags. I never considered the both of them. So I'll look at that now. I appreciate you trying to clarify. R

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back