Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

If anybody knows a houndsmen in the Council, ID area, I could really use a hand. My wife shot at a good bear tonight and we're not sure if she hit it, but it got dark on us. We could really use some dogs tomorrow if anybody is available 🙏
So what ended up happening did you find the bear.

Great bear Mrs. grizzly_ ! Do we get to hear the story? Bait or S&S? Did you find some hounds to help or was he laying just over the next hill? Congrats to both of you!

Great bear Mrs. grizzly_ ! Do we get to hear the story? Bait or S&S? Did you find some hounds to help or was he laying just over the next hill? Congrats to both of you!
It was just S&S and we had hunted five days without seeing a bear before she shot at this one Monday night. It didn't appear to be hit (roll down the mountain, like bears do, or bite at the shot, etc...) but, obviously, if you pull the trigger, you need to do everything you can to find the animal or make 100% certain it was a clean miss. That's why I was hoping to find dogs.

However, we couldn't find any hounds on short notice and a work day, so yesterday morning we went back to where she shot from and took pictures so we would be able to look for blood in the exact right spots that we knew the bear had run. Once we got to the place we knew the bear had been, we were carefully picking our way through the rocks looking for blood and looked up and the bear was feeding exactly where he had been the night before, tearing up an old stump.

One quick shot and she had him, so it turned out great!

That’s an awesome story. Goes to show, if you do the right thing good things happen! Congrats!

It was just S&S and we had hunted five days without seeing a bear before she shot at this one Monday night. It didn't appear to be hit (roll down the mountain, like bears do, or bite at the shot, etc...) but, obviously, if you pull the trigger, you need to do everything you can to find the animal or make 100% certain it was a clean miss. That's why I was hoping to find dogs.

However, we couldn't find any hounds on short notice and a work day, so yesterday morning we went back to where she shot from and took pictures so we would be able to look for blood in the exact right spots that we knew the bear had run. Once we got to the place we knew the bear had been, we were carefully picking our way through the rocks looking for blood and looked up and the bear was feeding exactly where he had been the night before, tearing up an old stump.

Great outcome. Did it end having been hit the night before or was that prior shot a miss? Just curious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back