Caribou Gear Tarp

****OFFICIAL****2024 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Did a short backpack into some new territory and located this guy on the second day, late in the day, in a horrible spot. I decided to make a move the next day to get closer. I ended up getting fairly close, but the terrain was tough enough I had to back out. I ended up leaving him alone, you picked a tricky spot Mr. Bear.

I learned a ton and saw some badass terrain. Im excited for my next trip into this zone.
1000005147.jpg1000005149.jpg

I wonder what percentage of 520 bears are killed on private land
I dunno I have asked in the past for kill site data and they don't share it for bears they say. Then I asked a Billings warden if many of the bears were killed on public or private and his response. We don't know.

Shit there's 9 sows living around Red Lodge alone. Even after the sub quota is reached.

Will be interesting to see how long 530 lasts.

I dunno I have asked in the past for kill site data and they don't share it for bears they say. Then I asked a Billings warden if many of the bears were killed on public or private and his response. We don't know.

Shit there's 9 sows living around Red Lodge alone. Even after the sub quota is reached.

Should edit that lol I’m hoping for at least 1 night in to try

Any idea why 530 has shown closed since season started or am I missing something?

Edit - noticed the late spring dates. Nevermind

I did have a guy bitch to me last night about how all the non residents are killing all the black bears........ so there is that theory going around now to. 🤷‍♂️
I heard the same story a week or so ago. It wasn’t just anyone bitching either he knows exactly what’s going on and who’s doing it. These guys come over 2x a year in a group of about 10 and kill every cub they see

Trying for the big back tonight. He was in most of the night last night between 12-530 am so hopefully he comes back for another snack tonight. Went through 50 gallons of bait in two days
Let’s see him

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back