PEAX Equipment

not this year

duckhunt

Do to vacation schedules I dont think this Iowa group will be heading to wyoming this year for antelope. Ive been trying to put together a western hunt for about 5 years now, and every year something comes up. I guess we can still buy our points and hope to draw a good unit in the future. Since were not heading west I think I will use that extra week to spend time in the deer stand.

Don't be afraid to go alone! Two years ago I couldn't get anyone to go with me, so I went myself. Any more I refuse to wait to do a trip for others to make a scheduling priority. You could probably even draw some units on a second choice, or buy a leftover tag, and keep your points. Don't pass up too many chances/years waiting on others...

Do it! You'll make hunting partners while you're out here, even if they aren't real. :)

Don't be afraid to go alone! Two years ago I couldn't get anyone to go with me, so I went myself. Any more I refuse to wait to do a trip for others to make a scheduling priority. You could probably even draw some units on a second choice, or buy a leftover tag, and keep your points. Don't pass up too many chances/years waiting on others...

This, definitely. It will be hard to get away w/out the son now but I seem to remember the solo trips more vividly.

Most of my trips are solo. I love hunting around home with friends and family, and the camaraderie that goes along with sharing the hunt. However, I'm just about always more successful when I go it alone.

It's good to have some time for yourself every now and then.

I have rarely gone solo but I will say this, I want to. I have gone off and done my thing solo here and there when I have hunting partners and have to say, I am coming along to liking that a lot after this last season.

Totally agree with others. We did our first antelope hunt last year with my daughters. We all learned a lot. I too would advise you to save your points and get a 2nd choice unit or a leftover tag and go anyway alone or with any other member of your party that can do it. You will learn so much and be way better prepared for the year that you do use your points on a better unit. I don't know much about the different units, but I can help with the rookie mistakes we made and the things we did right and will try to repeat. Shoot me a PM if I can help, and keep in touch here, these guys taught me a LOT!

Don't let anything keep you from doing what you want to do or what you love to do. This past fall my Elk hunting partner couldn't make the trip so off I went solo, 3wks backpack hunting solo......what a trip! I didn't fill my tag but wouldn't change a thing about it, you'll feel invincible after doing it! Go!

I like what the others said. But I also know several hunting partnerships have been formed right here on this board. You might have some luck asking around on here to see if anyone would be willing to put in with you. How many pronghorn points do you have right now?

I like what the others said. But I also know several hunting partnerships have been formed right here on this board. You might have some luck asking around on here to see if anyone would be willing to put in with you. How many pronghorn points do you have right now?

I've also made some friends and hunting buddies on these boards too

Antelope are perfect for going after solo. You're almost always within an hour or so of a road, can pack the meat out in one trip no problem, and there's almost no risk to the trip where having another guy watch your back is smart.

Load up the iPod with a bunch of podcasts or Pink Floyd albums and go for it.

Go it alone. I rarely hunt with others. If I had to wait for others I'd be dead before I hunted. Nothing like camping in the Rochelle Hills of Wyoming.... 35 - 40 miles from the nearest town & miles from the nearest person.

And yea, I like those imaginary friends. When you drive through Camberlain, South Dakota, those friends stay for free :)

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

Going solo doesnt sound like a bad idea. But like I said, even if I dont go I will still be in the whitetail woods. So all is not lost.

Go it alone. I rarely hunt with others. If I had to wait for others I'd be dead before I hunted. Nothing like camping in the Rochelle Hills of Wyoming.... 35 - 40 miles from the nearest town & miles from the nearest person.

And yea, I like those imaginary friends. When you drive through Camberlain, South Dakota, those friends stay for free :)

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

... cool sign.:)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back