MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Not the OYOA I had planned.............

Elkwhisper

Phone rings at 10:30 last night..... Apparently there is a giant tsunami headed toward our hotel... time to head for higer ground.

So here we sit, camped in the car on the beautiful island of Maui. $300 a night for a fancy room, and I end up wedged in the back of a Chevy HHR with the wife and kid for the night. At least we are safe! Hoping to get the all clear to move back into the hotel sometime in the next few hours.

Aloha!!!

Yeah, my brother is in Japan. Apparently fine, but without any power, water, phone, etc, etc. Just trying to keep his family including a brand new baby fed and warm. Guess its pretty cold there now.

The videos of the tsunami hitting Japan are breathtaking. It's some scary stuff. I hope you get back to vacationing soon!

Sup Whisperer?? You back in the hotel or what?

By the way, whereya at? Since you had to sleep in the car, hope you at least went up Haleakala to take in the sunrise!!!

Hope all is well. Very serious situation and the news shows some idiots on the beach waiting for it....I bet their family tree looks like a telephone pole.

I have not seen or heard jack for news over there on the islands... was there any wave damage? I did read a bunch of comments on an article on CNN that made me laugh... these morons were criticizing CNN for making a big deal about 9 foot waves, saying the surfers wouldn't even go out for that. Clueless nit wits.... those 9 foot waves are VERY different than the 20-50 foot giant surface waves they surf on.... those 9 foot waves probably have millions of times more energy with them.....

I hope you and your family are safe and can back to your vacation soon. Keep the folks in Japan in our prayers. In the words of a now famous mayor "it' may be more than we can bare".

Turned out.to be a really nice day.... I am officially burned and on the way to getting a little toasted. Vacation is back on, but our thoughts are with those in Japan.

Glad to hear your ok. Japan got it pretty hard. I worry about that nuke plant that may melt down. Scary stuff

8.9 earthquakes, 20 some foot tsunamis, and nuclear plant cooling systems failing kinda puts a lot of things in perspective.....

Back