Not quite

Waaa...waaa... I couldn't hold out for the big one...I just had to pull the trig on this little one... waaa waaaa

;0)

Dude... Nice bull!!!

Nice bull man.........Course, not letting you off the hook totally;) You should have waited, season still early! LOL

Sorry, couldn't help tap on that thorn just a little:)

Love the pic with double elk though....

Nice of you to save the "big ones" for the rest of us tag holders. I can assure you, if we see any bulls like that next week, powder will be burning.

Congrats, Bart.

Nice bull, Bart! Hard to pass that one up once the bullets start flying...

Nice work on elk double-roo....

Now about that Peggy Fleming hat......

Believe me I am real happy but was honestly trying to get a big one. Just can't kill big ones shooting lesser ones. Not trying to belittle anyones standards because he's still in my top 5 but really wanted a big one. He's sub par for mature bulls in the area that is why I was originally trophy hunting. Oh well Bird in the hand....

Suzy Chapstick and Peggy Flemming have nothing on me. :D I shot a "Kohls" commercial just after the shot for their new Urban hunting clothes line ;)

Great job on a double. Nice bull also, but I know what was going through your mind when you shot

"the mature bulls in this unit seem to vanish rapidly from here on out". Tag soup is the worst!!!
Congrats

destin to be on the rag horn express:confused::confused::confused:.....did I not get the memo.Seems like pretty good bull to me . Is possible I need glasses:eek:.....great job.....:cool:

Yea he's better than a raghorn but my point was without this tag I would of been shooting the smaller bulls without question and would have added my pict. to the raghorn thread proudly.

Great looking bull, congrats! There must have been some real giants running around if he's not big.

I have passed up 4 bulls so far with the rifle for the same reason Lawnboy was hesitant to pull the trigger on this one. I also have the extra cow tag, and could have punched that one a bunch but I don't want to spook the big one. So far an empty freezer and an unnotched tag for me.

Still lots of time though... but Wingman is right... the big bulls become more and more scarce from here on out.

At least you have got one. All I've been doing is this.
elkscope1.jpg

I point my rifle scope at the elk and look for large antlers.

elkscope.jpg

Then I keep doing it so much I get board and try and take a picture with my cell phone through the rifle scope. Hopefully if I do this enough I'll find a big one. Otherwise I'm shooting a cow closer to the last day.

Yea he's better than a raghorn but my point was without this tag I would of been shooting the smaller bulls without question and would have added my pict. to the raghorn thread proudly.
I understand what you meant...Im still lookin for my first bull is all and id be happy with any from the rag horn express to break the ice. Ive hunted elk twice in western Montana(bow) and although I had the time of my life I ate my tags... I know when you get to hunt elk every year your standards are surely gonna rise thats to be expected....great bull and congrats.....:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back