Not on Your Bucket List

Wild pigs , snow geese, or really any invasive species. Would I shoot them given the opportunity? Yes but I don't dream about it or go out of my way to make it happen. There's just something about them being unwanted or pesky that makes them unappealing to me.

I was infected by "Green Hills of Africa" in college, so always had the urge, even bought the .375 H&H Model 70, but when we had the time and money, too much unrest. Couldn't put my wife at risk.

Friend of mine recently returned, shot a 14' croc, among other things, and as they eat native women doing laundry or getting water from the river, guess I'm OK with that.

And, in another life, snapping turtles were great deep fried. Catch a few, call the neighbors, everybody brought something. My Italian buddies always brought a little Dago red. Dads were made guys. Never affected us. We just hunted ducks together.

I kill rats, mice, starlings, ground squirrels, mosquitos, ants, squash bugs, and a host of other pests but I don't do it because I like doing it. I do it because I feel there is a need to do it. If there were no need, I wouldn't kill them, and I certainly wouldn't have killing them on any kind of bucket list. I sure hope the people who don't seem to know the difference between recreational hunting and killing an animal that is creating a problem, are joking or just trying to get a rise out of TOGIE.

Never had a desire to hunt an elephant. However, I was recently in a trophy room with an African bull on one wall at the same height he would have been in real life. It commanded the room and was really impressive. I still will not hunt one but I have zero issue with those who legally do.

Wild hogs are about the only thing that comes to mind. I’ve killed turkeys but they don’t do anything for me. Other than that, I just love to hunt so pretty much anything is fair game.

Never had a desire to hunt an elephant. However, I was recently in a trophy room with an African bull on one wall at the same height he would have been in real life. It commanded the room and was really impressive. I still will not hunt one but I have zero issue with those who legally do.
Elephant hunting is my favorite. It is crazy, exciting and difficult.

I've never felt so small as I did on one knee in the jess bush 12 yards from an elephant with a .375 in my hand. I felt like I may as well have had a sling shot.

Not for everyone, but the hunting highlight of my life.

Interesting thread, The one thing that I have never been interested in is Grizzly. Maybe if they had horns?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back