NOT for SALE - Harrington & Richardson Topper 88 Break-action shotgun

Buyers should keep in mind that this shotgun is a collectible item and may not be suitable for regular use or shooting. It would be best kept as a display piece or for occasional use in hunting or shooting sports. The historical significance of this shotgun makes it a valuable addition to any collection of firearms or Americana. The modified choke offers versatility in shooting different types of ammunition, making it a practical choice for those looking to use it for sporting purposes. Overall, this Harrington and Richardson model 88 Topper is a rare and unique find that will surely be of interest to collectors and enthusiasts alike.

I was going to ask for a clicker to keep track of all the critters I would shoot with it. But I knew that was likely a deal breaker, so didn't press my luck
Carve tally marks into the stock?

I used to carry this shotgun in the toolbox of my truck, along with a box of #6, for years. One cool summer morning in 2005, after sleeping in the bed of my truck at a trailhead in NW Wyoming, I stuffed my frosted sleeping bag into the toolbox and took off for a summer day of glassing for mule deer in a wilderness area. Upon my return, I was surprised to find a nice orange tint had been added my Topper. It's a fine addition of character and uniqueness, and should only add to the value of this versatile scattergun.

Last edited:
These are the finest break-action shotguns manufactured. They are better designed and built than either the Browning Citori or Winchester model 37 It has original brass bead and is nearly mint...$2799.00.
View attachment 317299View attachment 317300View attachment 317301View attachment 317302View attachment 317303View attachment 317304View attachment 317305View attachment 317306View attachment 317307View attachment 317308

Look at that crisp engraving!

All kidding aside that’s a sweet shotgun.
It is rare, indeed. One of a kind, haven't seen too many like it over the years. Price seems very reasonable, too. Can't believe it has lasted this long, you better jump on this deal!

What a beauty William Christy! I've heard tales that this fine specimen of a boom stick has accounted for more dead critters than any break action on the planet. If this is true pray tell, throw in some fine German glass (non of that cheap Conquest shiz) to sweeten the offer and only a fool would pass up a deal so incredible as this. It's the perfect slug gun for the elusive Manhattan elk herd.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back