Non resident Landowner incentive.

Montana actually has legislation to not increase nonresident tags maybe even limit how long they are here. And the nonresidents start whining. Pathetic you might say.
I’m not whining Doug. At all. Im sorry you perceive it as such. I’m just pointing out the stupidity of this.

I’ve invested plenty into Montana’s wildlife over the years and to watch this dumpster fire just keep burning is painful.

Gotta start somewhere
So you really think they can balance the 14 day max across antelope permits, deer/elk combos, archery, rifle, muzzleloader, shoulder season?

Also, go back to the math. You affected less than 10% of your hunters, restricting them to a maximum time most probably don’t even reach, and THAT is going to have any meaningful impact?

Also, go back to the math. You affected less than 10% of your hunters, restricting them to a maximum time most probably don’t even reach, and THAT is going to have any meaningful impact?
Ya I think it’s a start. Take 17000 divided by 6 and you are at 2,833. Now I don’t know this for sure but I’m betting there are more than 2,833 deer/elk combos walking the hills opening weekend of rifle but maybe not. Have to start somewhere.

This is probably the bigger problem. So do we just do nothing since fwp is a shit show?
I’m not saying do nothing. But when you invest a lot of time and effort for something this is highly questionable to have ANY impact, why are you doing it?

Your math above makes no sense. 17k NR hunters might now be capped at 14 days. I’m willing to bet 90% of the NR hunters never hit 14 days. So 1700 hunters maybe had their hunting days reduced. Even if you reduce them by a week, that’s 12k hunting days eliminated. BFD.

You guys do you.

By doing something like this I feel it makes it easier to make changes later. It would be harder to blame the non residents for our issues. Right now it’s just their fault no matter what the actual multiple reasons are so it’s a huge step in the right direction

I’m not saying do nothing. But when you invest a lot of time and effort for something this is highly questionable to have ANY impact, why are you doing it?

Your math above makes no sense. 17k NR hunters might now be capped at 14 days. I’m willing to bet 90% of the NR hunters never hit 14 days. So 1700 hunters maybe had their hunting days reduced. Even if you reduce them by a week, that’s 12k hunting days eliminated. BFD.

You guys do you.
I don’t care if they hunt 1 day or 14 days of their two week window. You are spreading the pressure out if you make two week windows that have to be applied for. Instead of 10,000 hunters in the field opening day you have a quarter of that if you split the 17,000 tags evenly between 2 weeks chunks of our ridiculous 12 week long season and make non residents apply for the two week chunk they intend to hunt. I’m not saying let the hunters pick their dates. I’m saying a hard number in the regulations like October 28-November 11

And what if they draw an antelope tag? What if they hunted an August shoulder season? How do you track that?

NR are always going to get blamed until we limit them enough to where your average resident can see that they are not the problem
Then it will be the landowners fault. Or FWPs fault. Or the weather.

Sorry I’m cynical, but I’ve seen this stuff play out too many times.

Then it will be the landowners fault. Or FWPs fault. Or the weather.

Sorry I’m cynical, but I’ve seen this stuff play out too many times.
You’re right. Let’s continue how we are doing things. Seems to be working

I think that’s the natural progression. First the non residents get blamed and dealt with. Then the residents go “holy crap that didn’t fix the problem”. Let’s try something else. It wouldn’t have to be this way if we had a game management agency that led but sadly that’s not how this is going to work.

You’re right. Let’s continue how we are doing things. Seems to be working
Jesus, I’m not saying do nothing. Show me one $*)Q!#@$ time I’ve said that?

I’m simply saying this is a cloud of dust for no gain.

You’re right though. Change will most certainly leads to gooder change, so full throttle.

Jesus, I’m not saying do nothing. Show me one $*)Q!#@$ time I’ve said that?

I’m simply saying this is a cloud of dust for no gain.

You’re right though. Change will most certainly leads to gooder change, so full throttle.
So what should we do that you can actually get residents to get on board with? Because fwp isn’t going to do enough of anything that pisses residents off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back