Non-pressured elk...?

Not to be an a$$ but where did you kill your previous 17 elk that you're asking how to hunt unpressured ones?

looking at that bull its near a nuclear plant or army chemical weapon depot, to my maps!

Not to be an a$$ but where did you kill your previous 17 elk that you're asking how to hunt unpressured ones?

Fair question. All public land all around Montana, only been bow hunting for 3 years so I'm not too experienced locating and with calling. During rifle I can walk enough miles that I will eventually find one. I have ran into unpressured elk during rifle, just not much during archery.

Yes, Just Sunday. 4 cans high, Ranger IPA. Totally made the difference in getting an elk.

Where is the story of this beast I saw some nice pics on FB sans your cutoff beast mode shirt

Last edited:
Wondering where the elk go when they leave that high wonderland secluded spot? I mean when snow fly's they go somewhere right? In that travel do they, or could they encounter other hunters possibly>?

The spot your hunting might not have anybody's in there, but the elk will leave and when they do they get vulnerable. Just a thought.

Calling Elk in an inaccessibly spot would make them easier to call though. Good job finding such a place. That's a big part of any equation. Good luck to you.

Sounds like the home of the Bat Cave Bulls!

Just kidding, good luck to you. Extra effort never hurts.

Good luck. Sounds like a good place to find arrowheads. Keep your eyes out.

I have to admit, that is a cool looking elk. Good luck!

Greenhorn,
Always look forward to your commentary, ....but with the Ranger IPA comment you get elevated.No idea what a four stack is,though.

GH,
Thanks for the link.I get it now.That guy should try framing his own house solo for two months through the summer heat without his "juice" when he is fifty.Me ,my creatine and Ranger are getting it done on four days rest.haha cough cough,...wish I hadn't lost twelve lbs. in the process.

What happened to your primo access to blocked public land last year?

I was lucky enough to hunt there two years and get two bulls. His granddaughter got married this summer, her new husband spotted elk up there and I got the boot... I can't blame the guy and will still invite him over to dinner a couple times a year. The 'grand kids' are looking to relocate and I sure hope they do, and soon!

For some reason this just doesn't make sense to me, but those bulls in rifle season must have mega whopper thighs and back straps.

It's relative to the time I have been out bow hunting, only 3 years... haven't been out bugling/calling for small mountain herds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back