Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NM Oryx/Ibex/Barbary draw odds

okie archer

I cant seem to make sense of the draw odds in NM for these species. As a non resident I'm sure odds are not great but would still like to have a general idea for each species mentioned. I found the price for tags for the species but how much is a hunt lic? If I understand correctly you must purchase a hunt license as well as tag when applying? Also it looks like the hunt license is refundable if purchased before April 1st? If not drawn when is refund usually given? Thanks for any info.

I think the license is about 65 dollars. Yes, you are right that if you select the option, you will get your license fee refunded if you do not draw. Typically, since NM updated their system a couple of years ago, refunds have been coming just a few weeks after the draw. It used to take 2 1/2 months from the draw deadline to get a refund!!! Good luck on the draws. Because of the way NM does their draw, make sure you put down three choices for each species....

Yes, license is refundable if you check the correct box when you apply for a draw hunt (do not buy a license for 2015-16). Odds for once-in-a-lifetime oryx hunts for non-res (not in outfitter pool) are in the 1-5% range, ibex rifle and muzzleloader are worse than that; < 1%, archery is a bit higher but it is an extremely low success rate hunt. Barbary sheep have been in 10-15% range.

NM has been pretty good about getting the draw done in a little over a month in recent years, and refunds are made to CC shortly after that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. If I apply it would be nice to get refund before Idaho moose deadline in april and put money toward that.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back