Next years rifle

Had a 7 LRM built too by a different builder ended up being a turd especially with quality of brass had it rebarreled to a 7mm rem. Thats what pushed me to the 28 nosler better case design and quality brass because of too many 7mm rems. I’ve definitely cost myself some dough chasing the perfect rifle. Currently having a Grit precision being built for coyote thermal hunting.
I enjoy quality accurate rifles no doubt. Have a little bit of an addiction. It’s funny how the view of a particular platform change. Have way too many rifles but never enough. Tough to get rid of them.

No love for the 7PRC? That’s what I’m waiting for.

MinnesotaHunter talk of building a rifle pushed me over the edge and I went to the gunsmith placing a down payment on my next rifle. I will hopefully have it some time in late October or early November. I got bit by the long range bug a few years back and had a 240 weatherby built and then last year I bought a HS precision hunter SPL in 7mm mag and have been pleased with it but it is not exactly what I want; so I figured might as build what I one. I will hunt this year with the HS and then prolly sell it and recoup some if not all of my cost. I am putting together the rifle with the following components.
Stiller predator action
Pacific tool and gauge bottom metal aluminum (BDL floor plate)
Jewell trigger set at 1 3/4 lb
Boughton barrel 1-9 twist finished length 26" #4 fluted chambered in 7mm rem mag
Muzzle brake made by gunsmith only about an 1" long (can't stand the largish brakes)
McMillan hunter stock 80% black 10% med gray 10% white with seekins precision
2" sling rail system for bipod attachment
Talley aluminum one piece rings and bases
Nightforce 5.5-22 scope
Finished weight of rifle should be around 9 3/4lb
Dave Bruno out of Dayton PA is the builder. I have had Dave build me a few other rifles and have been very satisfied.
Now the waiting game begins.
McMillan hunter stocks have the best fit/feel of any rifle stock I’ve ever shouldered

I do and a pile of brass if your interest let me know I’ll give a heck of a deal. Barrel has about 80- 100 rounds through it with a micro brake on it. Barrel and brake are off of Gunwerks

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back