New RUGER 480 cal Pistol ?

As far as I know, Ruger is only chambering the double action Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger caliber as of now. The cylinder on a Super Redhawk is larger in diameter than that of a Super Blackhawk, and Ruger evidently thinks it important to keep their revolvers six shooters.

As for specific powder charges, I'm sure that IMR and Alliant are working on that right now. The factory loading from Hornady is a 325 grain bullet punching along at 1,350 fps. I have an idea of what kind of charge and powder it would take to duplicate that, but I would never post it here without first testing it myself. I could never live with myself if someone else was hurt or killed because of my negligence. If I killed myself due to my negligence, I wouldn't have to worry about it.
wink.gif

I've got a friend at Hornady, I'll give him a call and see what he's got for me tomorrow.

duster, I don't think that will even be on the street til end of summer will it?
cool.gif

Danr55, I was told that the pistol was being made and already on the market. The dealer didn't have one, but did indeed have the ammo
sitting on the shelf.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back