New person

I'm not really convinced I'm of the hunting mindset given that I actually really like animals but at the same time I am really curious somehow and appreciate the sport from what I've garnered so far.
As with any group of people there will be those that represent hunting well and those that will turn people away by their actions. Your statement of 'really liking animals' fits almost all hunters. It is hard for some people to understand the respect/love that a hunter has for an animal without actually being a hunter. The people on this forum do a lot for wildlife outside of the time frame they spend hunting. I think you will find many on this forum willing to give you honest feedback when you have questions.

Reactions: LCH
Welcome to the forum! Hunting keeps humankind honest with how the natural world operates. I wish everyone could be more involved. Thanks for having an open mind, and I hope you’ll discover many sides of hunting that aren’t well known to the general public.

Welcome! I’m impressed you would join a hunting forum as a non-hunter just to learn more.

I also really like animals, so much so that I picked wildlife as my career. Part of what I love about hunting is that it allows you to know so much more about wildlife and the natural world, and to experience both on a much deeper level than most people ever do. I think a lot of hunters will tell you their feelings about hunting and actually killing an animal can be quite complex, but those feelings often increase the reverence most of us feel for the animals we hunt.

Looking forward to seeing your perspectives here.

Back