New old hunter

Welcome from Far-Nor-Cal! Thanks for the pictures! I really dig the "puppy" with the grey muzzle.

Thanks.

A little about myself. I started out hunting Red Fox early 60's. Late 60's the coyotes moved in. We hunted both canines by spot/stalk method using sight hounds. I hunt the North central plains. Which is mostly open rolling cropland/pastures. I learned the basics of spot/stalk hunting from my Dad & his 2 hunting buds. Then branched off on my own age 16. To refine my spot/stalking skills & make my OWN mistakes. When I was young it was all about the kill. My latter yrs (20+ yrs). I became more interested in wild canine behaviors. Since 2006 I have been hunting for a lion. As their pop has continually grown in recent yrs.

I also have done some coyote calling. But have not focused all that much on it. My quest for a lion consumes my thoughts.
Now yer aging yerself LOL. I started shooting coyotes by my uncles pasture dump (used for both trash and dead livestock and periodically burned) on the farm near Masters not far from Orchard, Colorado. I was only 9 at the time but as long as my dad went with me I was allowed to shoot. One of the best memory is my dad doing the wounded wabbit call and not seeing anything where we THOUGHT they were coming from. Looked behind us and all kinds of eyes reflecting light in the night. Sent shivers up my spine and my dad says "Holy Shit, hurry up and shoot one!". I got two before the rest hightailed it out of my uncles pasture. That was with a 30-30 Winchester with iron sights that eventually became mine.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back