Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Mexico refund?

Steelhead

NOT another SB thread! I just got my reg book in the mail and I see that there is a reduced ($20) registration fee for NM. I know the total cost of the application will be $780 but if/when I'm not drawn will my refund be $760?? I can't find it anywhere on the website or in the regs... a little help would be greatly appreciated!!

Short answer - Yes.

If you apply with a credit card they will actually charge your card 2 separate times, once for the nonrefundable application fee immediately when you apply, and then a few days after the application deadline for the refundable license cost. They usually do their refunds within a week or so after the draw is posted online.

There are no "REFUNDS" if you are selected for a tag. The $20.00 is charged up front as the cost to apply.
What kind of refund did you expect? I would assume you saw the $20.00 on your statement.

New Mexico started requiring an up front payment when applying for elk, deer, and antelope beginning last year. They charge the $20 application fee immediately when you apply then charge you for the highest priced license in your application a couple days after the application deadline is over. After the draw results, they issue a refund about a week or so after the draw if you were not drawn, or if you were drawn for a lower priced license than you were charged for initially.

Pretty straightforward system.

I had one of my refunds but not the other. Wonder if they changed their mind and either gave me or my son a permit after all:D:D:D

Back