Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Mexico area questions?????

Hntnhrd

I know we are still 4 months away but is anyone willing to give up some info on New mexico deer? Not specific hot spots but general zone.
I have sister that lives outside of Taos. Have been going down there for a few years elk hunting and have that figured out pretty good. ( last time we killed 4 bulls in four days on public land, 2 6xs and 2 5x6's)
I would be willing to swap info of what we have learneed about areas 51 and 52 in exchange for some deer info. Or even what little I know about Montana.
Thanks in advance.

Hntnhrd,

Wish I could help you with some deer info. I haven't put in for muley for a few years, but if I did it would be for the Jemez since it's close to home (about an hour from Taos) Have been seeing some real nice deer the past few years. I've been concentrating more on coues down south.

Good luck,
--Bill

Thanks. Coues is on the list for a couple years from now.

By the way I don;t know what the deal is with the guy From the town next to mine that I met in Alaska. He won't call me back. I have left 4 messages. Maybe he thinks I am a stalker.

I live in an area with big muleys ( a nontypical that score 194 5/8 was killed less then a half mile from my house this year) but damned if I can draw a tag.

I am thinking about 2b and just hope for luck in the draw.

Trying to figure out areas to apply for. Tough odds are ok I just want to be able to have a decent shot at a large muley if I hunt hard. I can kill a 140/ 150 class buck close to home on a genral tag here in Montana. I apply in NM for elk antelope and sheep ( drew my oryx last year)so I figured I should start looking into deer also. Thanks

Here are my recommendations.
Rifle
DER-1-110
DER-1-108

Archery
DER-2-107
DER-2-109

These are all the best hunts for unit 2.
If you need anymore info, just let me know.......gino

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back