Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Hampshire Moose tag results out

Thanks all. Yes I worked very hard for 3 weeks, but it was in fact all unproductive. I would have come home emptyhanded had it not been for the contributions of 3 local sportsmen. They suggested changing strategy and tracked down the logger for current sightings. That is what resulted in success.

Still, considering this is a once in a lifetime hunt, I would suggest hiring a guide for this specific hunt. It is just very unique and has special needs. And this is coming from a hardcore DIYer. The guides are really cheap there too for some reason.

The biologist aged the bull at 4 1/2 years old. I believe it was heavy for it's age. She said it was extremely healthy. They take a lot of data and do tests.

Berlin had no smell. Lots of logs being cut and carted, but no paper mill around that I saw.

Berlin had no smell. Lots of logs being cut and carted, but no paper mill around that I saw.

Years ago Berlin had a pulp mill and you could smell it all over the Whites. I just googled it and it was closed in 2006... good thing for you!

Haha that smell isn't so bad as long as your just visiting. For me it's one of my favorite memories from our annual fishing trips to Canada. My sub told me a century ago they used to float the logs downstream, thus the rockpiles in the center channel.

Shot of skidder

Shot of skidder. Easier on the back. ;)

Attachments

• hunting_134.JPG
    hunting_134.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 215
Back from Taxidermist

Took a year but my bull has finally come full circle. Picked him up at the taxidermist.

I hope all you guys applying for these Northeast moose tags get picked some day. Takes some luck but it's quite a unique experience.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I split the meat with my hunting helper, and bought a 2nd box freezer. Just brewed some moose chili for Bears/Packers game!

Last edited:
That mount looks great Zim and the meat is just awesome huh? I just had some Chili myself last week and man was it great....

Tag

Check this out. NH still issues the old school metal check station tags. I saved mine. It's stamped 2012 NH Moose #073. I thought this was really cool.

Anybody know of any other states that still issue these?

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 88
As of a two years ago Indiana still did. Not sure now since they implemented a phone/internet check in as I've used that and not been to a check station.

Alaska still issues metal lock tags to the Non Residents got mine on my bear and my bou love them not something you see these days anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back