CO Moose Adventure

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory notes, I appreciate it.

I have one follow up post to share.

While I was preparing for my trip I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to get the meat from CO to MT. I ultimately decided that I “needed” to buy a Yeti 210 cooler. Needless to say, my wife was not convinced I was of sound mind.

Well it turns out I was spot on!! I needed the 210 as well as a 65!

IMG_0957.jpegIMG_0959.jpeg

Never let a OIL hunt go by without buying the new gear you “need” for the job.

Here is the before and after of the final result!

IMG_0960.jpegIMG_0961.jpeg

You definitely got your $$ worth out of this hunt. Congrats for sticking with it and harvesting a fine moose! It certainly is nice having a couple extra strong backs along to help pack.

Congratulations! So true about the timing of things and just happening to be at the right opening to see an animal at the opportune time! It’s amazing how things can come together sometimes!

Well here goes nothing my Hunt Talk brethren! A few of you already know I drew a bull moose tag in Colorado, but I haven’t started a thread about it until now.

This hunt has a lot of emotions already tied up into it. The location is where I was born and raised, but I’ve been gone for 22 years between college and serving in the military. It’s an interesting dichotomy to be intimately familiar with a place while also not knowing how to hunt moose there. To compound the logistical challenge of this hunt…I live in the Netherlands currently, so no boots on the ground scouting for this once in a lifetime tag. So yeah, you could say that I am a bit anxious to get to CO to start hunting!

I am confident that I am likely the only person ever in the modern era to start their CO moose hunt by boarding a train in Europe so at least I’ve got that going for me. Here is a picture of the train station to mark the start of my adventure.

View attachment 293720

Things got off to a rocky start when my first train was cancelled due to a “lack of rolling stock”. Umm, don’t you guys know I have a moose hunt to get to! Thankfully my buddy who dropped me off at the train station simply circled the block and drove me to the next town where my connection was. Good friends come through during crunch time.

Well, I’m about to fly out from Frankfurt to Denver so will sign off for my trans-Atlantic flight. Let the adventure begin!
How long did it take to draw the tag?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back