New from Spokane Wa, born and raised in Anaconda, Mt.

Hammsolo

Love them both. Solid deer and coyote hunting out here. Miss hunting elk at home.

Welcome buddy. Spokane is a cool town, and I have talked to some folks that hunt elk in that part of the state. Good luck exploring!

Quite familiar with SpoCompton. Still have family in MT? You are well positioned to hunt a couple states from there.

Upon looking at my odds, even with points. I determined drawing anything reliably in WA was not statistically feasible within 15 years. Most avid EW hunters hunt Idaho from those I've talked with.

Quite familiar with SpoCompton. Still have family in MT? You are well positioned to hunt a couple states from there.

Upon looking at my odds, even with points. I determined drawing anything reliably in WA was not statistically feasible within 15 years. Most avid EW hunters hunt Idaho from those I've talked with.

I have a couple of good deer spots. All admittedly private... family and friends. Elk hunting is brutal. There’s so little public, and the draw hunts are tough as hell to draw. I do the native come home to hunt program with my brother and buddy. I should ponder the pan handle... Need to bust out On X. I have a lot to learn.

I have a couple of good deer spots. All admittedly private... family and friends. Elk hunting is brutal. There’s so little public, and the draw hunts are tough as hell to draw. I do the native come home to hunt program with my brother and buddy. I should ponder the pan handle... Need to bust out On X. I have a lot to learn.

Every time I see your photo I think of the old Rain beer commercials with the herds of bottles, and then your name reminds me of Hamms beer. And then for some reason I get thirsty! I feel you on the elk, started going out of state a few years ago, but I still end up hunting WA for the fun, with low expectations. Hoping to check MT out for elk in the next couple years, was a resident for one season years ago and was unsuccessful, miss that state.

Every time I see your photo I think of the old Rain beer commercials with the herds of bottles, and then your name reminds me of Hamms beer. And then for some reason I get thirsty! I feel you on the elk, started going out of state a few years ago, but I still end up hunting WA for the fun, with low expectations. Hoping to check MT out for elk in the next couple years, was a resident for one season years ago and was unsuccessful, miss that state.

It’s funny, but I still toast a Rainier or Hamm’s after a kill. It’s the only time... tradition! You should! I appreciate how Randy pushes the now or never attitude. Seems like people here would be willing to share their knowledge... maybe not their honey hole. 🍺 😃

I was born and raised south of you in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick) and spent many a summer as a Boy Scout on Diamond Lake. Been many years since I’ve been back in that part of the country.

Anaconda is a neat spot. I love their brewery and the pizza joint around the corner...reasons 1001 and 1002 why I'm fat ;) :LOL:

Smelter City Brewery and Galicano’s!! Truly a unique place to grow up.

Understand your position well. I lived north of Spokane for 10 years but moved to Butte when Mt put the nonres license on a lottery. Never did find any decent elk hunting in wash. Just drove home to hunt in Montana every weekend. Welcome !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back