New favorite song...

This song proves Johnny Cash was a musical genius. Guy cuts deep into my soul with nearly anything he did. Notice the rap phrasing? Nice black and white slow mo of those beautifal gals.
My latest (even though it's been out for a while) favorite song is "Piece of Work" by (who woulda guessed) Jimmy Buffet. I nearly stomped in the floorboard of my truck the last time I heard it. Something about distorted guitars and a Bo Diddley beat that tunes me right up.

Dave, can you imagine how much better Clapton's work will sound when he's gone? I never appreciated Cash's music as much as I do now.

That might be true, NHY. When Eric wasn't so busy trying to blow people out of the rear exits with shear volume, weird tone settings and gimicky sound boxes; his phrasing, choice of notes and articulation was -and is- the best ever heard. Same can be said about Albert and Freddy King... not forgetting about BB King either.
I've always considered Johnny Cash quite a few notches up on the scale above Elvis... right up there with Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard. If Johnny's 'Ghost Riders In the Sky' doesn't spook you and make the hair raise up on the back of your neck, you might be dead... or at least not paying attention.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back