Nevada Unit 073 Bull Elk

huntbux

I drew an Nevada 073 Bull tag this year and have only spent a minimal time in the zone. I will be taking some scouting trips to the area and am looking for places to go. I have some general areas to go but am hoping that someone may have an idea of where a good place to look is.
Currently I know about Double Mount/Devil's Armchair and Stag Mountain. As far as I can tell I should spend most my time around Stag Mountain. If anyone has any other info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Have you actually been in 073 or is this info straight off NDOW'S website? I will send you a pm when I am not on my phone.

Just came back from 073. I had an archery cow tag and didn't see a single elk. At least 7 of the 22 tag holders were up there and they saw nothing as well.
North portion of the unit is currently on fire and the forest service is running all over the place with thier trucks and at least 5 helicopters flying around.
I saw deer everyday and my partners saw some antelope as well but, they too, did not see any elk. One of them also had a buck tag but didn't see any bucks either.
We scoured all over the area from the north to south, east to west putting in at least 100 miles on my truck and 30 miles on our feet.
It might change for later in the season but my best guess is that the fire and all of the smoke pushed them out of the area.

Back