Nevada antelope

Gr8bawana

Here are a couple of pics from my sons antelope hunt here in NV.
It took us a couple of days to find out where they were hanging out. We spent one day covering ground where we had seen antelope in the past. Seems like every stock tank and windmill was dry so there were no animals around.
On the third day I told my son we should sit in the middle of an alfalfa field under the pivot pump and see what came by, I think he was dubious but we had seen numerous bucks in and around the field the evening before.
There is no way to get into the field without being seen so it seemed the best chance. After a couple of hours in the afternoon a buck and two does just appeared out of nowhere. They were at just over 500 yards to start with and wandering around. After the two does left the field the buck started walking towards us from 529 yards then 450-375-325-250 then he turned broadside and my brother says "the range is two forty -fo...BOOM! down he goes. My son is now 2 for 2 on antelope and both have been pretty nice. Now the five year wait begins again.
This is the second antelopewe have taken from an alfalfa field and we have made sure not to clean them in the farmers fields. They have been nice enough not to post the fields and leave the gates open.

DSCN0496.jpgDSCN0494.jpgDSCN0497.jpgDSCN0501.jpg

Last edited:
Nice buck! I'll be hunting in WY in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back