Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Need Some Advice!!!

HONDO

Got an uncle from the east coast who wants to do a combo hunt for mule deer and elk. I told him that I would help him out. He is not looking for record book animals, just good representative species of both. After putting some thought into it, I think that the Frank Church Wilderness is the best chance at good animals, also providing a unique experience for my uncle. We would fly into the wilderness and hunt for a week. Any thoughts on my idea...

Hondo:

No recommendations from me regarding where to hunt both mulies and elk simultaneously. But I offer some info that will be of use.

You cannot fly into a wilderness area in the lower fourty-eight states. Nothing with a wheel or a motor is allowed in wilderness areas in the lower 48.

KC

KC, The Frank Church Wilderness Area is the largest wilderness area in the lower 48. There are around 32 landing strips in the area. You are allowed to fly into most of these landing strips and hunt. There are a couple private ones, Loon Creek and Taylor Ranch come to mind. The air service out of Salmon takes clients of guides in every year. I've even heard of people flying llamas in.(The llamas lay down in the plane.)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back