Caribou Gear Tarp

vortex or leupold cheap binos?

Rokslide members aren't anti Vortex like most people here. General consensus seems to be positive over there.

If Vortex was actually as "cheap" as you guys think they are, hunters like Remi Warren and Steve Rinella wouldn't waste their time with them. ANY optics company would be happy to partner with either of those 2 guys. Yet they choose to partner with Vortex.

I get it, it's not the brand you use, but don't sh!t on it just because you don't use them.
I didn't sh!t on anything, just said don't go cheap.
You're the one sh!tting on Leupold so ....
Take the Rokslide advice then , why ask here?

I bet those guys use the cheap line on all the hunting shows.

Maybe you're just really lucky? Lots of us do know someone who has had a problem with vortex.
Someone personally? Or someone on the internet who said they had a problem? Anyone can say anything on the internet. True or not. When it comes down to it, guys who make hunting content for a living wouldn't rely on crappy equipment. You don't think Steve or Remi could get Leupold, Maven, or Athlon for free also? It's comical that you guys think Vortex makes such horrible optics when sooooo many people have nothing but positive things to say about them.

I didn't sh!t on anything, just said don't go cheap.
You're the one sh!tting on Leupold so ....
Take the Rokslide advice then , why ask here?

I bet those guys use the cheap line on all the hunting shows.
I never said anything bad about Leupold. I mentioned they had their own issues as do all brands. I have a couple Leupold scopes. There's nothing wrong with them at all. A cheap set of binos is literally the topic here. Saying "Don't buy Vortex because they suck" is essentially sh!tting on them.

I offered up some first hand experience with the Diamondback HD binos. I didn't come on and say "Leupold, because Vortex sucks".

Someone personally? Or someone on the internet who said they had a problem? Anyone can say anything on the internet. True or not. When it comes down to it, guys who make hunting content for a living wouldn't rely on crappy equipment. You don't think Steve or Remi could get Leupold, Maven, or Athlon for free also? It's comical that you guys think Vortex makes such horrible optics when sooooo many people have nothing but positive things to say about them.

3 personally, just off the top of my head. Steve and Remi use Razors. If I had access to free Razors I'd probably use them too.

After my experience with Diamondbacks I keep them reserved for my girlfriend to lend to her 4th graders. Expect I'm going to have to send them in on warranty work one way or the other.

Last edited:
Where did I say Vortex sucks?
Seems to me the consensus is not to buy the Vortex or at least not the cheap ones.
That is what my point was.
Seems you have made up your mind, why debate it then. Go buy the binos and give them to the guy.
He may well be happy with them.
Let us know what he says.

With an ignorant comment like "I wouldn't invite you back if you gifted me Vortex Binos" what more do I need to know? That's 1. extremely shallow of you to say, and 2. it's a gift... Are you that ungrateful? Not giving off a "get to know me first" vibe. Just straight up disrespectful. Lots of people worth getting to know, but responses like that really kill any interest in getting to know you.

Glad you’ve had great luck with vortex. I haven’t.

My land is expensive and I spend a lot of time and effort forth to make sure it has something to offer. And I only own 5 1/2 acres. Someone owns a significant amount of hunting land, I’ll go buy him a $1200 pair of IOR valdada for the appreciation of enjoying his investment…

Last time I looked, 120 acres of hunting land was north of $500,000. My perspective says the gift should reflect as well.

And you think $175 vortex binos with a company reputation for warranty repair or replacement is reasonable?

Last time I was given permission to hunt someone’s land, I spent 5 weeks helping the guy with free labor on his fall harvest. Best investment I ever made.

Seems more like we have a difference in value and appreciation.

Last edited:
I’ll call you a Volkswagen
That's because of the German Voice in my head isn't it??? Let me say thank you now he's upset and screaming farfignuten ( not only doni not speak German I can't spell words in German either) and something about the Autobahn!!
And the other voices are doing a quartet of the Gambler.

That's because of the German Voice in my head isn't it??? Let me say thank you now he's upset and screaming farfignuten ( not only doni not speak German I can't spell words in German either) and something about the Autobahn!!
Maybe he’ll get him a yugo then.

Thanks everybody.

Soon, if I am allowed, I will delete this thread. Too much mudslinging and we will all do better and be happier sharing hunting stories and techniques that debating low end glass.
My apologies to you. Didn't need to derail like this.
Farmerj makes the valid points I did not.
For $200 I would buy something other than binos, just my opinion. Maybe a gift card to the local Farm and Ranch store for $200.

Funny how Vortex gets folks talking doo doo. I'll try to refrain from commenting next time.

Best thing from this thread is you wanting to give a gift to the LO, good on you. Good luck with the rest of your seasons, same to you rjthehunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back