Yeti GOBOX Collection

Need Montana hunting help

ColoradoOverwatch

Hi all, looking into a ELK/Deer or spring bear hunt to augment my Colorado Deer/Elk adventures for 2012.
I have no preference points as I never thought I would venture out of Colorado. I will be contacting the Fish and Game there in MT to get some insight on areas but thought I would post the question hear as well.

I am not asking for specific area’s inside specific game units (guess that is regions and districts in your neck of the woods) just a place to start. Been on the Montana wildlife site and it is a little confusing but will be spending more time there too.

Might be willing to trade CO elk secrets for MT :)

Are you more concerned about filling the deer or elk tag? Bull or cow? If you want to fill your deer tag, I'd stay in the eastern part of the state and get a cow tag. If you're more concerned about elk, head to the mountains; however, there are much fewer deer over this way.

I don't do much spring bear hunting (yet), but you shouldn't have trouble getting into them just about anywhere in the western part of the state. Sounds like guys like the northwest corner, but I've never spent anytime up there. I've seen plenty throughout the SW corner.

Bull would be nice, but a Cow will do as well. looking to get into new area's and have never been to Montana.
Looking at the dates I am leaning more towards the Bear. Never hunted them before and looking to do something new this year. Been looking at the Bear forum as well.

I came across a Black Bear this year hunting Elk, I jumped a heard of 20 elk and they went around the ridge one way... i ran around the other.. came down on a logging road as the bull was comeing up.... in between was a bear... we all looked at each other and went back the way we came. :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back