NEW SITKA Ambient 75

need help estimating value on this set up

T Bone

Hi guys. I bought a toy and I need to free up some cash. I'm looking for a ballpark value on the rifle and scope.

I bought this rifle with the thought of long range fun, but I haven't touched it.

Rifle is an older Rem 700 PPS 308 Win (heavy barrel, HS Precision stock maybe?) with a Canjar set trigger. (8 oz normal, 2 oz set). Rifle has been shot, but not much. A few bumps and scratches, but it's pretty darned clean.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scope is a Swarovski 10x42 ZFM (fixed power) calibrated to the 308/7.62 NATO. Elevation turret is marked to 800 yards or meters....Like the rifle, it's older but in great shape.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any guesses?

I didn't find much on the gun and scope as far as recent sales to get a baseline, some older sales had them in the $500 range for the rifle and $600 range for the scope. Keep in mind these sales are about 4-9 years old though.

Not sure on the current price, but that rifle has potential to be shooter. My PD went to them in the 90's for a SWAT/CS weapon. I shot a 5 shot group that measured .192 with the one I was issued using Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain ammo. We did not modify or alter them in any way, they still had the original triggers (not Canjar) and all 15 of the rifles shot well right out of the box. We mounted Leupold Vari X III 6.5-20 X 40 (IIRC) on them, DuPlex reticle. They were purchased around 1995. I would tell you the Serial # to give you an idea of the time line, but lost my log book/range records in Katrina. At the time, they were going for $550.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....

Laelkhunter, that is the same vintage as this setup. There was an empty box of the Federal Gold Medal 168 that came with it! That must be the sweet spot.

That Canjar trigger is scary good.

I had thoughts of shooting long range with it, but haven't even touched it.

It will up for sale soon, if anyone has interest, shoot me a PM.

If I had money available, I’d love to have that trigger for my 40X. I’m betting the combo shoots great.

Yes. Scope was on the rifle.

Base/rings appear to be Leupold dual dovetail.

FYI, serial # on the rifle is C6585XXX

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice set-up. Wish I could offer some advice about a fair price. The scope should be worth something to a collector. It looks pretty clean.

Remington customer service looked up the serial number.

It left the factory in 1990 as a Police PSS model.

This will be listed in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back