Need Help/Advice!

I got married in early October after I got out of the Navy because I never saw a tree for my 4 years, so I never even considered the month when we planned the date.
However.....having a baby during our gun week was not planned very well.
A good friend once told me to, start out as slow and cheap as possible since you can only go up from there.
So I took her to IHOP on our 1st date.

10Dogs

Been married just shy of 29 years now. She knows what my hunting means to me. Our youngest daughter recently got engaged and proudly said it would be BEFORE October so folks would not miss any archery hunting. That being said, it's NOT something that is more important than some other "big" event. I'm liking the celebrate early thing and then go do your thing, since she "understands". I'm also really surprised nobody else has asked about you discussing it with her and just plain asking if she would be upset about it. Get a reading on what she says and see if there is any wiggle room to work around the date. Also, be prepared to have the chance she won't like it! Best of luck to you!

If your future wife needs an explanation as to why you would like to be in the woods opening morning, I might think about finding a new future wife... My wife's birthday falls on or around the rifle opener. Her birthday dinner gets moved up or back accordingly and everyone is happy.

I'd be going hunting, She knows where the door is if she doesn't like it. and Yes I'm married.

In my family we have always celebrated birthdays on the weekend. We acknowledge the actual day, family all calls etc, but the celebration is on the weekend. Usually the weekend after the actual day but occasionally it has been the weekend before. So throw a party the weekend before or take her out and give her presents then before you leave to go hunting slip a card on her pillow or in her purse and write on it to be opened on her birthday. Tell her how much you love her, etc. if you get any cell service where you hunt (we have a couple random place we get enough service to text) then call/text the actual day. If she's "the one" she'll be great with this. Good luck!

Back