Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nebraska Mule Deer?

1jaycoolman

I am looking for help locating a place to mule deer hunt in Nebraska in 2012.
I have injured my left shoulder this spring and may not be able to archery hunt this year.
May do the crossbow thing here in Illinois if I'm not well by season.
Is it possible to draw a muzzleloader tag without pref points?
If so in what unit?
I've never hunted there.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks, Jay.

Muzzleloader tags for Nebraska are over the counter and they are state wide for either muledeer or whitetail. There is public land around Chadron and some around Valentine.

Look to the pine ridge national forest, also do not over look the ogallala nation grasslands you will have to hunt harder but the chances of finding a bigger deer is better. Look at the area around Fort Robinson to the east and north, knock on a few doors and ask people if you can hunt many will say no but a few will say yes or point you in the direction of someone that will let you hunt. call the nebraska game and parks and talk to them. also look at the area behind chadron state park it is not alot of area but can sometimes hold good mule deer. if you are archery hunting you will not have to fight with anyone same goes for muzzy hunting, have fun during rifle season because that corner of the state gets hit hard.

good luck and have fun in nebraska.

Mule Deer

Thanks for the replies, I have been communicating with a Nebraska parks agent via internet. He has been real helpfull. I was previously concerned as they had a application deadline on their website. Plan to head up in December. I go to Colorado mostly so it will be a welcome change of scenery.

I would be interested in paying a tresspass fee if anyone has room for a couple deer hunters.

Thanks again, Jay.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back