PEAX Equipment

Nebraska Help

Jimbo876

I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone here, I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago and finally joined hoping to get some help on a OYOA of my own.

Now to the good stuff,

I live in Michigan. About 2 years ago my only deer hunting buddy moved out to AZ and has not had time to hunt at all. Last week he calls me up and tells me he really wants to get out for deer this year so I tell him that my dad and I have been toying with the idea about a late muzzleloader whitetail hunt in Nebraska (winter break for my bro that is still in college). He came across a place in western NE that allows hunts for $100/day + $300 if you shoot a 150 class or bigger. I looked at the NE website and found that the unit this is located has sold out of "any buck" tags and still has about 800 whitetail buck tags available.

Is anybody familiar with the hunting in this area, and what we could expect for a mid December hunt? The "outfitter" told us that alot of the corn on the farm will not be cut until the first week of December so the hunting should be great, any truth to this?

Thanks!

Jimbo,

I can't be much help (that is nothing new)! I am not sure from your post what area you are gathering information for. Is there a unit name or number?

I am also researching some deer hunts on public land in Nebraska. Keep digging and you will find the information you are looking for. Good luck!

where at exactly in NEBR is this place??? regardless if the corn is cut or not they still usually use the same trails to the fields, obviously it's just a whole bunch easier to see them when the corn is cut and yes the deer visit the fields after the corn is cut, so if there's deer there they should be workin' those fields as long as it's not over-hunted----also they will be out in the hills and along river bottoms even if there's no corn, but you just don't see the #'s that you will around the fields-----just so you know I grew up in Nebr ......chris

As far as I know muzzleloader deer in Nebraska is unlimited any deer and you might even get an antlerless whitetail tag with it. As far as being sold out the outfitter must be looking at Rifle availability. I grew up in Nebraska I live in South Dakota now but I hunt Nebraska every year.

The area we are looking at is in the Frenchman unit, which is in the south west corner bordering Colorado and Kansas. I looked again at the regs on the Game and Parks website... and it does appear that muzzleloader is state wide any deer.

Thanks for the responses!

Jimbo876...welcome to the site...its a great place with a lot of great people...hope to see you around on the forums.
NE muzzleloader tags are any deer state wide, whitetail or mule deer (but check regs as there may be some western areas that you can not take mule deer does?)...the season runs Dec1st thru Dec 31st. You can purchase and print your tags from the game and parks dept website. I have been doing some research on a mzl loader late season...there is good public land available and I've been told many land owners are pretty good about allowing muzzleloader hunters. drop me a line if you'd like to talk further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back