Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

nebraska Deer

mconway951

Gona head to pine Ridge area of Nebraska to hunt deer either whites or mule hopefully mule since it would be my first muledeer. I am looking at Soldier Creek wilderness area looks like there is only one parking spot and am thinking of bivying out overnight on the far side of the wilderness area to avoid the crowds. also there is Chadron NF and couple of big WMAs including the ponderosa WMA.
anyone ever hunt there any advice or report on hunting pressure.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Lived in Chadron for several years. For rifle season it gets hit pretty hard. If you are looking for a mule deer behind the job corp there is a lot of public land and usually some mule deer. The area has roads that go through it everywhere so a lot of people driving around. Still some good deer taken out each year. If it snows right before the season starts it limits the pressure because people have to get and walk so the hunting is good then. There is a lot of land if you put in your time you should have fun. I don't know much about around Crawford but there is mule deer over there. You will find mule deer and whitetails pretty much anywhere around Chadron. I hope this helps if you have more questions you can p.m. me

Jim

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back