NE of Ingomar...

MTGunner

I have hunted this area for 20 yrs. and this season there were fewer 'lopers than ever before. I did score on a 13" goat but had to search lots of BLM to find him. I was booked on the Big Porcupine Ranch NE of Ingomar for the first 3 days. Saw nothing first 2 days. I hunted BLM the 3rd day and spotted a small group with an OK buck. It was a long stalk and turned out in my favor. BTW, I would post pic but I must be the most computer challenged person on this site. Therefore, no pic. Anyway, I of the thinking that next year will be the same for mid MT and perhaps a Wyoming trip is in my future. MTG

Numbers out there are horribly low... I haven't been quite that far east lately, but the Custer/Musselshell road, where Id see 50-200 lope on a drive through 5 years ago... will show me 0-10 lope this summer.

Good Job finding one.

I hate to say this - but - they need to close down antelope until the numbers can rebound. In fact we should have not had any season for the past couple of years here in Montana.

Reports say the antelope numbers are "up slightly". What they really mean is if you put in 3-4 days you can see an antelope this year.

I hate to say this - but - they need to close down antelope until the numbers can rebound. In fact we should have not had any season for the past couple of years here in Montana.

Reports say the antelope numbers are "up slightly". What they really mean is if you put in 3-4 days you can see an antelope this year.

It's a big state, I don't think any decisions should be made statewide like that ever.

Hope the numbers do comeback over there soon, I've heard similar reports from a lot of people.

It's a big state, I don't think any decisions should be made statewide like that ever.

Hope the numbers do comeback over there soon, I've heard similar reports from a lot of people.

I am not aware of any units in Montana that the antelope population is even at minimum quota - and don't get me started on say Unit 700 that is so far below minimum that even the biologists don't want to give out the numbers AND THEY ARE STILL ISSUING DOE TAGS.

No doe tags in zone 700...

Not for 2014 and I suspect for the next few yrs. until the population increases or stabilizes. MTG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back