National Ice Cream Day

They used to make Dastardly Mash. Not sure if they still do. Wait, that was Ben & Jerry's. Good though. mtmuley

Wife is excited to tour the place in a few weeks, but even more excited that the local grocery store socks like 30+ flavors. We have maybe 4 or 5 on a good day available here in michigan.

I'm jacked about doing a Dory trip and hopefully eating fish and dundgees all week. Tillamook needs a lingcod and crab option. 😋

About 35 years ago we had an old hand crank ice cream maker for making homemade ice cream. A couple of weeks ago my wife was saying that she wished we still had that contraption to make our own ice cream again. Well, her birthday is in two days, so I got her a new ice cream maker. She wants a hand crank like we had but I know we aint as young as we were back then and all that crankin' is gunna hurt, so I got one that can be hand cranked but it also has an electric motor.

About 35 years ago we had an old hand crank ice cream maker for making homemade ice cream. A couple of weeks ago my wife was saying that she wished we still had that contraption to make our own ice cream again. Well, her birthday is in two days, so I got her a new ice cream maker. She wants a hand crank like we had but I know we aint as young as we were back then and all that crankin' is gunna hurt, so I got one that can be hand cranked but it also has an electric motor.
I remember cranking one as a kid and the ice cream was full of ice crystals. Didn't know any better because it was a summertime treat.

I am bummed, I don't think Albertsons in Sheridan stocks peaches and cream. It sounds real tasty. I want to try it.
It is. I'm a peach lover to begin with and it's good! The dark cherry is ok, strawberry a little bit better. Peanut butter and chocolate seems like too much peanut butter, maybe it was just the carton I had. They have 2 flavors not sold here that I want to try. Mountain Huckleberry and Marionberry Pie I think it's called. Too far east I guess.

A couple and a half decades ago there was this farm stand by Stanfield Oregon on the way to Hermiston , that sold home made ice cream. They made a flavor called Maple Nut. It was really subtle, not too sweet. I knew people who couldn’t drive to Portland without stopping for it. Man it was good stuff! I’d make that drive again just for it!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back