Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mystery Ranch Gift Card

I just wanted to say thanks to Randy again and let you all know what I got with the Mystery Ranch gift card.

Back in January I ordered a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab in Optifade pattern. About a month later, after researching and reading as much as I could find about Mystery Ranch packs I ordered the Longbow also, figuring I might have a need for that bag also.

About a month ago, I received the NICE frame...
IMG_0587.jpg

and Crew Cab bag.
P1020071.jpg

A couple of weeks later, I received the Longbow bag.
P1160847.jpg

There were still some things I was wanting to buy from MR, and I was lucky enough to win the Mystery Ranch gift card.

Here is what I ordered: The Daypack lid in Optifade, a set of Longbow straps, a Multicam Flip Top Box, a Camelbak 102 oz bladder, and a Mystery Ranch t-shirt.
IMG_0569.jpg

I've only been able to mess around with the daypack lid for a little bit, but I think I'm going to like using it in conjunction with my Crew Cab.

Here is the Daypack Lid with the shoulder straps out and connected:
IMG_0572.jpg

Here is the Daypack Lid on my empty Crew Cab. I really like that my 15's fit in the pouches on the Daypack Lid, allowing them to be accessed quickly.
IMG_0567.jpg

Thanks again Randy and Mystery Ranch! Both OYOA and Mystery Ranch are first class organizations!

Ron

WOW!

Looks like a MR pack moved closer to the top of my "to buy" list.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Did the second gift card ever get awarded?

Last edited:
Even though it's past the deadline, I have to throw up a couple pictures of my ladies in action.

Lotta nice pictures on this topic!

Picture192.jpg

deer.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture075-1.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

PA300912.jpg

Ally2.jpg

I know it is past the deadline but I just found this sight and here is my hunting buddy. He is now 10 and will be able to hunt deer in MN for the first time. This is a mallard he shot last fall. He is a pretty good shot!

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,056
Mystery Ranch

Hey everyone I am new to "On You Own Adventures". I was actually shopping online for some Mystery Ranch Packs when I came across this website. I am currently deep in the mountains of Afghanistan doing a little different kind of hunting this year. There is definately not any of my normal Oklahoma Bucks around here to hunt but the "bucks" that are here to hunt are extremely good for the numbers. I dont have any hunt pics that I am allowed to post but I would like to be entered into your Mystery Ranch Gift Cert drawing if its still available. I currently use a Mystery Ranch S.A.T.L. pack and I am trying to buy a few more for my squad. The Army does a lot of things well but equiping us with the absolute hands down best packs in the world is NOT one of them. We are moving into the winter months so our Stalks are going to be deeper in and longer out so the need for comfort and size is a must. If there is a way I could get entered to try and win a gift cert it would help to accomodate our want for these packs and the cost on my pocket. Happy hunting america. I look forward to being a part of your Hunt forum in the future.
SSG US ARMY

Dear Staff Sergeant, aka Talibanstalker11:

As owner of this site, I get to decide how we give away the remaining $200 gift certificate. After reading the post, the contest is now over, following my changing of the rules today. Rather than a photo contest this fall, a new set of rules has been adopted and explained below.

To win this certificate, you must be enlisted in the US Army. You must be bad-ass patriot from Oklahoma, chasing Taliban in the mountains of Afghanistan, who signed up for this hunting forum today, September 16th.

Given those criteria, you are the winner.

I am sure everyone on this site supports the decision to apply this new set of rules. Anyone who doesn't agree can let me know via PM.

I speak for all of us when I thank you for your service. I wish there was more we could do to help get your fellow soldiers gear up with the absolute hands down best packs in the world.

Hopefully this $200 gift certificate will help toward that. I have notified Mystery Ranch that my plans for a photo contest this fall have been cancelled and the certificate has been awarded via the new contest rules I crafted in the last half-hour.

Nice to know that you guys think the same of these Mystery Ranch packs. They have a loyal following here, based on hunting application. Your comment only confirms our belief in their quality.

Thanks again for your service. We are all grateful. May you and your fellow service members return home safely and enjoy many more hunting seasons.

Please send me a PM so I can foward your information to Mystery Ranch.

Winner! Damn howdy - Congrats! A true winner for sure. Thoughts, prayers and 100% support for you and your brothers in arms.

Proud of your service! Thank you for your service.

Great gesture Big Fin. Talibanstalker11, I completely agree with you after 5 1/2 years in the Marine Corps the packs we had were pieces of junk to be say the least. The Marine Corps has now taken notice of Mystery Ranch packs. One of my closest friends I serviced with tested out the pack in the link below and said it is the best we have used yet. Take a look at the link below to see what the Marine Corps will be getting very soon.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/05/marine-new-usmc-pack-search-complete-051611w/

Thanks Randy, for helping a soldier out. Thanks Soldier, from my former state,and all your brothers in arms for the service you give us.

Well done Randy! Thanks Talibanstalker for your service to our country,hope you get home safe and get many years to use your new pack!

I was hoping something along those lines would happen. good move Randy.

Big thanks to you talibanstalker11 for your service.

Thank you talibanstalker11 and all the other service men and women who have or are currently serving to protect this country and make it possible for all of us to enjoy the sport that has us all here. Well done Randy, I can't think of a better way for that gift card to be used.

Back