My Life Be Like...

Big Sky

What peace of mind looks like from my part of the world.
Troy3-28-14_zpsa3e7a85c.jpg

I got a brandi-new St. Croix 6'6" ML Fast action rod with a Quantum Smoke reel. I just had to get'm broke in. Here's the very first'est fish I caught with the new set up.
BrownfirstwithStCroix6foot6_zps5b7b4944.jpg

I had a real good weekend. I lost count of how many trout I caught and released. What I do know is that it was very good to be outside and away from everything.
Troy3-28-14A_zps2a84860c.jpg

One more (different fish than the one above) just for fun. Sure beats working behind a desk all day!!!
Troy3-28-14D_zps79e7b93d.jpg

Ben, speaking of which, a lady here at work and her husband have been on the Mo quite a bit the last 2 weeks. She said it's been crazy good!

Looks like you stepped out of the office and put the waders on. Nice getaway!

Buddy floated on Saturday and his photos would indicate the same. I usually get two days a year where fishing the Mo is worthwhile & I catch fish. The rest of the year I'm just an idiot standing in the river waving a stick. :D

fowladdict1, funny you should say that, because that's just about exactly how it happened. I was finished with work by 2:45pm and on the water by 3:00pm.

Well done! Great pics.

PS- You're hair seems to be changing color from what I remember from before... ;)

PPS- My hair has just fallen out... ;)

That looks enjoyable. Here is what it looks like around here this afternoon.

Attachments

• snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 420
Now that looks more like a trout rod! Very nice way to inaugurate it too.

BTW, you can hammer the hell out of the fish on the Mo this time of year with a hammered brass/orange spoon.

A little comparison pointed out from another site. Not the first time I've been compared to Chris Cooper, but it still makes me laugh.
Chris_cooper_use_zps062e3b3f.jpg

CTroy_zps9f111df3.jpg

I thought you were the John Denver look alike. Must be getting older:) like everyone else.

Speaking of the Mo. We are trying to pull some of dad's old stuff from family 8mm when we lived there and swimming the cattle across and him trapper beaver. Old movies of guys with calves across their saddles and so forth. Wife took a pic of grand daughter this past weekend with my Stetson and my leather coat from when we were there. Will try to post up soon seeing as how going on to gen III.

1 pointer, that's pretty funny actually. When people give me a bad time about going grey, my usual reply is...I'm just glad I have hair left to go grey. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ss8
Back